• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width XJ guys

way easier to build a 3 link style. i did with 8" skyjacker coils and i drop out coils left and right. i could kept on going but there a pain to put back in by your self.
see:
Img035E.jpg

That's some crazy flex Paul!!!

paul_xj04 said:
way easier to build a 3 link style. i did with 8" skyjacker coils and i drop out coils left and right.
It is not easier what so ever if you have an axle with cast mounts and event then it's still easier to go with the radius arms. I put super-flex joints on the frame rail ends and have articulation comparaple to standard "long arms", once I wrist my passenger side arm my articulation will rival yours, and that will have been the only reel fab. Plus if you go with a wristed radius arm setup to diconnect your "sway bar" (radius arms) you only have one bolt, and there is no need for sway linkages, which cuts back on fab work.

Big Red said:
That's some crazy flex Paul!!!

and totally unbalanced.

rear dictating what the rest of the jeep does.

been there done that, would rather light an unbalanced jeep on fire than drive one again

I know I'm sounding like I'm putting a flame on, but my message is purely technical.

you GOTTA have balance.

Yeah I was thinking the same... I had to double check the pic to see if the rear wasn't welded to the unibody or something. I don't think it flexed 1" even.

crazy4mopar said:
  1. It's 3/4" plate.....No use doing it unles you over do it :shocked:HP d-44 up front ,39" boggers

1. you'll be on a first name basis with CTM and mosers' warrenty department......39 boggers on a 44 won't work , unless your real easy on it....

Clearly you don't know Lee. Nobody's easier on a vehicle than Lee!!

:roflmao: :moon: :roflmao:

Well here is what I drove home on tonight! It rides smother than my old Cadillac
xjfront44.jpg

Some time in Jan. I'm going to do the hi-steer but there's to much stuff going on now....
(Damn holidays......) :laugh3:

Uh, do you have your coil mount welded to the axle tube and mounted to the top of the radius arms? The C bushing does give during articulation and you are going to have problems down the road. Those mounts will break and you now have unescesary bind during articulation. I braced my coil mounts to the radius arms.
If they aren't bolted to the arms and are just mounted over them, I am going to steal your design so I can wrist an arm.:laugh3:

Yeah ok. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to mount my coils that would alow me to wrist my passanger side arm and that idea never even occured to me.:banghead:

The coil buckets are not mounted to the radius arms, they are about 1/2 above the top of the arms. I'm going to put a wristed arm on so this seemed the best way to do it.
xjfront441.jpg

It's on a 1/2" thick plate that is not going to break.....
I can't wait to get out on the rocks to try it out.
We jacked up each side up to see the results :wow: :wow: .
I'm impressed :D

Last edited:
BrettM said:
they certainly look to be 1/2" (ish) plate bent and welded only to the tube and the inner knuckle, not touching the radius arms at all. look closely, save the picture and zoom in.
Correct! It's a 1/2" above the arms

It looks good Lee. You should be having lots of fun with your XJ in the near future. Want to plan a snow run soon? Make sure to flex out your susp before you wheel it to check your driveshafts, shocks, brake lines, etc. How much of modification did you need to make to your driveshafts with those axles? I ask because I'm going to be running the same axles, minus the coils instead of leafs in the front. What gears, lockers, and tires are you running?
Troy

Big Red said:
It looks good Lee. You should be having lots of fun with your XJ in the near future. Want to plan a snow run soon? Make sure to flex out your susp before you wheel it to check your driveshafts, shocks, brake lines, etc. How much of modification did you need to make to your driveshafts with those axles? I ask because I'm going to be running the same axles, minus the coils instead of leafs in the front. What gears, lockers, and tires are you running?
Troy
the driveline,brakelines and shocks dropped right in from the D30
I'll be running 35's,5:13's spool in the rear and MAYBE a detroit up front If not a spool up front to!

JUST SAY NO TO FRONT SPOOLS.

If you don't believe me, find someone with a front ARB and drive it on the trail with it locked for 1/2 hour, you'll see what I mean. I once drove through Gatekeeper with my ARB accidentally locked, I was about to turn around and go home because I thought my steering pump was dead, and the thought of doing a whole trail like that... I can't describe. Fortunately I figured it was the ARB by the time I got to the granite bowl, that would be infuriating.

Find a used lockright on ebay, leave it open, save for a detroit. anything but a spool up front. Sierra trails are tight enough without it.

Back