• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width HP44/9" swap

The top looks awesome. I know you are trying to keep the interior fairly open but what do plan to do for diagonal bracing?

As of now it is much stronger than the original roof structure, but it is not a full cage. Its primary purpose is to replace what I removed, and be able to lean against a tree without damaging the body. I do not expect it to fare any better in a roll than the stock sheet metal roof, but I imagine it would.

Going to be adding some more to it, but it isn't going to turn into a jungle gym. Taking the minimalist approach to it.

Working on placement of some spreader bars, and some rear diagonals right now.

Burnt the heck out of my stock seats, so I picked up a set of jaz racing seats and some 5pt harnesses. Going to have to see where the seats fit before I can finish up the b pillar braces.

Finally getting back to work on the jeep.

Got tired of not having speakers, so I added some marine tubbies to the rear cross bar, and a third brake light to keep the cops happy:

IMG_20101023_084728.jpg

Not completely happy with the rear suspension. My shocks are not nearly long enough. Going to add some strength to the rear cradle and bring some longer shocks through the floor to mount to it.

The rear cradle allows the stock interior trim to fit back in place, but I have a ton of treadplate aluminum sitting around so might as well make use of it.

As of now, a tailgate is on the backburner. I really haven't had the need for one, and it doesn't look too bad without it.

Top is on the backburner as well. The jeep is surprisingly comfortable in cold weather with the windows rolled up. I can drive it to work at 65 mph in 40 degree weather without a coat. There is very little wind inside the cab when the windows are up.

Any more work on the cage is also on hold until I find out if I am cleared to weld (long story). Otherwise I will have to find someone to do it for me.

Great looking chop! Just a quick question about the 9in. Getting ready to start my 44/9 build and was wondering what spline axles did you end up going with? I was toying with 31 or 35 with an ARB.
Thanks

Bill

Back