• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pump size

Dreamliner787

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone,

I have a 1998 XJ that needs a fuel pump replacement.

Fuel tank is the MOPAR 52100179 20 gallon.

I bought this thinking that it would solve my problems:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G9BB8ZH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But this pump is bigger than the one that was in the car. I could not see any part number written on the old pump and I don't understand how the amazon product says it fits my car, with an original tank, but it doesn't. :bawl:

Are there different pump sizes for the XJ? The one I bought sticks out the tank...

Thank you!

I doubt it, mine is export spec and anything running gear related is the same as standard, just rhd specific stuff is different for the most part. Amazon probably screwed up in some way.

Bigger how? Length wise? They make the pumps to fit the XJ and ZJ tanks. The ZJ has a higher capacity. I think a bit deeper. The pumps sort of telescope. I wouldn't cheap out on a fuel pump.

Wonder if it is just boxed wrong.
I work at an auto parts store and it would not be the first time something like this has happened.

Hi guys

It's been sorted. The old pump did not have those springs at the top, which made it fit very easily.

The new one had some strong springs and at first it wasn't going fully in but I finally managed.

Part number 5012953AE.

Thanks for the replies.

Back