• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FSJ D44 swap and junk

two options, either have custom axle shafts made for $312 or run $130 adapters.... I ran adapters (granted i have a ford 8.8 out back) dont know how much for other axle shafts to be made

I red locktited the living **** out of them... in hindsight i have to pull the shafts on friday and that was probably stupid but i had worked on the jeep for 22 hours straight and wanted to roll it out of the shop.

yeh i trust it

Will you trust them for wheeling?

I ran adapters out front on a D30 for a year or more of wheeling when I went to a rear 9" to replace the turdy-5!

With an 8.8 you really want to use adapters anyway to get the width close to the width of the front since they're so narrow.

Thanks.... now I just realized that 8.8 slated for the MJ will need them! UGH!

I ran adapters out front on a D30 for a year or more of wheeling when I went to a rear 9" to replace the turdy-5!

Thanks.... now I just realized that 8.8 slated for the MJ will need them! UGH!

It's not extremely noticeable. You could run it stock but it's about 1-1.5" narrower I think. Can't remember.

Yeh i was running ranger edge wheels 16" so i didnt run spacers, they have an inch and a half more backspacing so 305/70/16's fit on the 8.8, only rubbed at full flex

Today i bought 315's to stick on my new wheels, sold my old D30 for 100 bucks, and sold my old wheels and tires for 600 SO with state pricing on my new tires they cost me 200 bucks :eyes:

STuck with the Gernal Grabber AT2's My rig is a Nurse Recovery Vehicle in the winter and these tires handle snow and Ice like a champ. I'd post a link of me on interstate running 70 with 3 inches of snow on the road but people keep commenting that im a super unsafe driver on facebook so Ill leave that out

Last edited:
Got the 35's mounted and my wheel spacers on. Threw my "old "wheel and tires on my other buddies YJ
This thing flexes for DAYS, kinda scary on the road now. Gonna mess around with caster a little.
I return to center fine but i have alot of steering wander. No bump steer or death wobble though

10176167_10152073167377957_3982604487138280789_n.jpg

:greensmok

Back