• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS/FT: 2 door XJ Trail rig

WTF

NAXJA Forum User
The time has come for me to let go of my rig, since I just can’t find time to use it. This is a trail rig in every sense of the word, and it flat out works; it keeps up with my buddies on 42’s and they’re just besides themselves about what a tough, capable little rig it has been.
This rig has been wheeled and as you see it’s not going to win the show & shine but as it sits, this rig is fully ready to hit the trails.

I’ll entertain trades for motorcycles, cars, trucks, boats, etc. Don’t be shy. Cash price is $1,900. Rig is located in Cary, NC near Hendrick automall / Autopark Jeep.

100_0150.jpg

Full album: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/aan12182/2dr XJ for sale/

Body: 1994 xj 2 dr body, Interior stripped except for headliner & door trim, framerails have been plated with 3/16 & 1/8 from front bumper to forward rear leaf hanger. S&W racecars 6 point rollcage with some added reinforcement. 1988 XJ limited power leather seats with driver side 5 point harness (also retained stock belt in place as well). 88XJ gauge cluster- everything but the speedo is hooked up.

Engine:
1988 4.0L Recon longblock installed in 2002, 10k miles then ~10 weekends of trail riding, runs STRONG, & starts quick. Custom main wiring harness eliminates all non-engine related functions. Pacesetter longtube header, 19 lb/hr 5.0 mustang injectors, MORE poly engine mounts, Borla Stainless catback exhaust.

Drivetrain:
*1988 AW4
*1990 21 spline NP 231 with RE Hack & tap SYE on custom flatbelly x-member & t-case skidplate ( uses XJ front shaft on both ends) with custom shifter ( similar to novak’s design).
*Dana 30 front with Yukon 4.56 gears & lockright locker, Fresh Spicer 760 joints tack welded in place ( in addition to circlips). Knuckles drilled for OTK steering setup with .050 wall draglink & tie rod with QA1 ¾” heims. Heavy duty custom trackbar mount with modded RE adjustable Trackbar. Warn skidplate.
*MJ Dana 44 with MORE mounts ( ~ 6 in long with 3 position options) Yukon 4.56’s & Yukon spool with Alloy USA shafts, & Turbo City diff slider/skid.

Suspension:

Front: Rubicon Express UCA’s & LCA’s on RE drop brackets, RE 4.5 ZJ Springs, Bilstein 5150s , 32” SS Brakelines. Articulates better than any Bolt on long arm kit on the market.

Rear: RE 4.5 Springs with Shackle relocated.

Tires: Super Swamper Bias TSL’s size Q-78 ( ~ 35.5x11x15) with ~75% tread on alum 15x8 wheels. Spare is a 36x12.5 TSL ~ 20% tread on 15” alum wheel

Armor: custom fabbed Front & Rear Bumpers, 3/16” steel tube with 1x3.5 solid stock shackle mounts / main mounts at all 4 corners. Rockers replaced with 4x4x.125" tube. Stock XJ gas tank Skid & class IV receiver.

Warn 9000xd with 120’ Amsteel Blue Rope, 2 controllers, Warn 10k snatch block & tree strap.

60” Hi lift mounted to the cage, Cobra 19 CB with firestick antenna.

Includes spare d30 shafts, spare driveshaft, spare OEM d44 shafts, spare fluids, almost a full set of sensors & assorted spare parts I’ve accumulated over the years.

I have a title for the 88 4 door XJ, that can convey if the buyer wishes.

Also available (with this rig only) is a Master Tow 80T Tow dolly with 2 spares, all the straps needed for this rig and a set of 33” BFG MT Rollers I used for longer tows to save wear on the Q-78’s.

Fire away any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Andrew

I've got a picture of this thing upside down on Kadak Rock somewhere.

Free bump, even tho it's still on the top. :)

Thanks for selling me that drive shaft too... It's still on there.

Say it aint so! Sorry to hear but understand 100% This littel rig followed us up Middle Rock Guarden at Harlan in the rain a few years back. Good rig for a good price.

Man I want this thing. I have a CJ project for trade...nice rig!

I'm not looking to trade for any more project wheelers at this time. Scrounge up some change in the couch cushions for change and buy it.

does it come with a rear axle and lugnuts?
Good eye, the swamper is just placed in front of the tow roller BFG MT, as seen in the full photo gallery.

Did Matt get in touch with you? If not shoot me a text if you still have my number and I'll pass his along.

The little jeep that could! LOL!

SOLD!

Good news too is that she'll be staying in the SEC with a great and well respected club member. It was bittersweet to watch her go off on a trailer behind someone elses rig, but i take solace in that I'll be able to see the rig used & abused.

If anyone else is dying to own a WTF-fab built & proven rig, I'll be listing my full body, titled & streetable 87 waggy at the same price in the next week or so, D30/D44 lockrights & 3.55s, 2 full sets of 5(or 6) 32" Wheels & tires ( AT's & MT's), armored, etc.

Last edited:
Back