• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front and rear different ratios for a short time?

The risk is not in him not knowing not to use 4x4, but in the fact that he might have a need to have somebody else drive the jeep and they will not know "don't us 4x4" .

I say pull the front shaft. There will not be any accidental damage.

The risk is not in him not knowing not to use 4x4, but in the fact that he might have a need to have somebody else drive the jeep and they will not know "don't us 4x4" .

I say pull the front shaft. There will not be any accidental damage.

He can tape the lever down and write a note on the tape

If you know you CAN remove it with NO issues, and you WILL need it removed in 2 weeks to do the front gears. . . Why debate leaving it in?

Besides if it needs u-joints, it gives you plenty of time to deal with them.

Good point. It has to come out anyways, it's useless to you in there with different ratios, no reason to leave it in. The u-joint check is a good call as well. Front ones seem to get neglected, check 'em out. I'd probably just change them anyhow since you've got it out. If the old ones are still okay, wrap them in duct tape and throw them in the back of the rig for trail spares.

Back