• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friends lotus is gone...

Jump This said:
As far as why the thread was moved.....I believe our BOD has
lost its way.

Is it time for impeachment proceedings?
:( that's a very bold and generalized statemnt you're making :( I'm saddened that you feel that way.....

crazyjim said:
Not sure where the other thread went. Must have gotten deleted... perhaps @#$%# is a bad word too? I don't know.

Either way, those of you who have been following, a buddy of mine was going to run the AKA Rally, in his Lotus Elise. We installed a s/c on it the other night, busted my finger, etc.

Well, he called me today. The thing burned to the ground. It's gone, completely. :tears:

He noticed an orange glow from behind him, pulled over, and flames ripped through the vents in his engine cover. He and his GF got out of the car, he reached in and pulled his Halon fire system, worked a bit, but couldn't get the flames out completely. He sat there, on the side of the road, and watched his car burn to the ground. That had to be hard to watch.

Fire Department thinks it stemmed from something in the gas tank, due to how low it started. Which is ironic, because he just had Paladin install a euro spec fuel tank. They were having problems with it, and had just worked on it AGAIN after the gas gauge stopped working. We're not exactly sure what happened, but needless to say the rally won't be ran.
Yikes! That bites.... I know car fires are not fun. I remember being on the side of S5 coming down into LA basin dumping one fire extinguisher into an engine compartment of a jeep and then see 3 more get dumped and hope for the best as that was all that we had. We got lucky, unfortunately he didn't. Well, hopefully the insurance company will take care of him.

i live here in irvine and use to hang out with him at the thursday night car meets at best buy parking lot. beef always had the crazy cool cars, where is he living now-a-days? I remember when he ran the AKA for the first time with my other frind dan. Miss those guys and days.... (yes i was into the import world back in the days, had a black eclipse)

jeff411sk8 said:
i live here in irvine and use to hang out with him at the thursday night car meets at best buy parking lot. beef always had the crazy cool cars, where is he living now-a-days? I remember when he ran the AKA for the first time with my other frind dan. Miss those guys and days.... (yes i was into the import world back in the days, had a black eclipse)

STFU are you the guy that popped his motor with a nitrous hiccup at the hat? The night a almost stabbed razor? Hahahaha!

Kejtar said:
:( that's a very bold and generalized statemnt you're making :( I'm saddened that you feel that way.....

He's not the only one................

Kejtar said:

I'll state it less generalized, then.

At least our treasurer does not appear to have lost his way.

Jump This said:
Hey! Stay on topic, this is Jim's thread about a tragic loss of ......ummm....what died Jim?

;)
he lost his pretty flower
LotusFlower.jpeg

:D

cal said:
I'll state it less generalized, then.

At least our treasurer does not appear to have lost his way.
hay, i like this BOD, ( well at least 2 out of 3 of them ) they are like a box of crackerjack, you never know what they are going to do or when they are going to delete your totally safe and acceptable thread for no known reason or explanation :-} but they are working hard for a Show and Tell!! may be that is more important to them than their elected office, i say we impeach at the show and tell!!!!!
:moon:

Last edited:
Jump This said:
Hey! Stay on topic, this is Jim's thread about a tragic loss of ......ummm....what died Jim?

;)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Remi must have called you

[compising mysel]

Jim, I am sorry for your loss and the hi-jack of the thread. :kissyou:

cracker said:

Remi must have called you

[compising mysel]

Jim, I am sorry for your loss and the hi-jack of the thread. :kissyou:
Cracker... be careful while you're leeping to your conclusions cause you're missing your targets by miles......

Kejtar said:
Cracker... be careful while you're leeping to your conclusions cause you're missing your targets by miles......

My bad.......sorry. :worship:

Those things are bitchin cars and the price is right on them too. Saw a ton of them and smart cars in London in 2002. If I buy a _NEW_ car the lotus is on my short list. It's been 17 years since I've bought a "new" car though. :) That sucks that it burned. :(

crazyjim said:
STFU are you the guy that popped his motor with a nitrous hiccup at the hat? The night a almost stabbed razor? Hahahaha!
DUDE THAT WAS ME!! where you there? damn small world haha. I got lucky with that nitrous, it just killed my MAS and throdle body. If you were there then we must have meet before.

Back