• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Freshly Painted

sam24th

NAXJA Forum User
So I thought Id show off my jeep after painting it today. I started somewhere around 9AM and finished at 6PM. I was sick of the red. Thoughts or comments? Also any ideas for a hood graphic? I don't know if I want to use a star or something cooler.

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

DSC03790.jpg

heres a before pic BTW.
DSC03710.jpg

doing the grill inlets and the door handles black will make it look good. otherwise let it be, simple = good

I always liked red but I like OD green too. Good job. It looks like you painted the door jambs first and then masked everything for a nice crisp finish.

I do like the idea of black door handles, fender flares, mirrors and grill though.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yea I painted the jambs first since I thought it would look better that way. The mirrors and door handles are def gonna be painted black. Was going to do it today but got lazy after being outside for so long and sunburned. The fenders are gonna be swapped for some bushwackers so Im not gonna bother painting it. The front bumper is getting replace soon aswell for an Or-Fab tube bumper. Also great idea on the grill inlets. Ill get that done tomorrow. Stay tuned for updated pics tomorrow.

Pic Update! Painted the grill a bit today. Also made a lil front license plate for it for the hell of it.

DSC03798.jpg

Grill looks good, I think that's the way I'm going to paint mine. I'm impressed that you got the majority of this done in one day! I've been working on my roller paint job for two weeks now.

Grill looks good, I think that's the way I'm going to paint mine. I'm impressed that you got the majority of this done in one day! I've been working on my roller paint job for two weeks now.

Thanks. I too have painted a car with a paint roller. It took me 3 days with a roller on this.
DSC03518.jpg

Small Update:
Painted the mirrors black, touched up the front bumper guards a bit, touched up the tire mount, added "STEP" and "FUEL" in the designated areas. So basically the paintjob is finished besides the door handles. Also scored a free roof basket at Goodwill today YAY.
DSC03800.jpg

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03801.jpg

Very nice find with the basket! I have to say, I'm a bit partial to the Colorado Red :)

YAY a fellow zombie killer :clap:. I actually painted the plate. Also I liked the red, but some lady scratched the hell out of the paint from a minor fender bender, so I decided to just paint it, also my school parking lot has another jeep the exact same color. So I wanted to be different.

Nice job! I will have to post some pics of my paint job. I did use a spray gun... but it was my first attempt at painting a vehicle. It took me alot longer than one day though!

Looks good!

Nice job. I like the OD green too.

ZRXJ-1209 stands for zombie response cherokee. The numbers is my birthday. December 9th,

I like it! :thumbup:

Any thoughts on adding a star on the side?

Back