• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fordyce aug 30th

CAJJ93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
hey guys we're trying to head up to Cisco entrance of Fordyce on Friday evening. anyone who wants to run the Dyce now is not a bad time! water flow is at 295cfs (out of 500) as of today. hoping it stays that way for a week.
http://www.dreamflows.com/flows.php?page=real&zone=ferc&form=norm#Site063

this is safe enough passage for me. there will only be 1 water crossing
it's an open ended trip. we will probably be camping at cisco and heading into the trail up toward WH3 and back to the camp site. meaning you can (pretty much) leave at your convenience. but I am prepared to be there for couple days accounting for possible breakage

anyway. it's so far me on 35's and lockers, a samurai on 37's, and a V8 CJ on tons. If I can make it through so can you. let me know if you're interested

here is the trail map. we will be passing eagle lakes and entering at Cisco. it is basically a fire road easy going for a couple miles until you hit the trail. we'll enter the trail and take the water crossing and head up to WH3 and hang out

it's really not too bad it'll be a good night and day of wheeling. we'll probably head home Saturday evening

I was there thursday and it was deep... but it was 469l0 cfm... about a month ago I saw it at 350 and I felt ok enough to cross...
py9uvaqa.jpg

it's been on the edge of 300 since the 22nd. is dreamflows not accurate? :helpme:
http://www.dreamflows.com/graphs/mon.063.php

your picture looks deeper than when I saw it at 400. I heard theres a shallower bypass like 50ft to the left of that crossing

Its deeper to the left... there isnt much water left to dump into the creek so it should go down more soon

The eagle lakes crossing was deep at 350 when I crossed... water in my lap... but I went to the right side so my fault ;)

Dangit I want to go so bad but I've already got plans on the rubicon. Have fun out there dude

man I want to go so bad I just cant . Have fun Jake.

Pics!
I just went up to the base of it, coming in from Indian Springs. No way my XJ was going to get up there...

Back