• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 Swap

1995kamikazeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was searching in here for any write up on a 8.8 ford exploder axle swap with no luck, maybe you gents could give me the low down. I found out that if i swap out my dana 35 lsd rear with a ford 8.8 out of an exploder i can get the rear disc conversion and a little stronger setup. If i do that will i still have a parking brake ( will my exsisting cables work) and how much of a fabrication job will it be to put that under my 1995 XJ. I just want a little more strength and better braking out back, I am really stressing that d35 with the stroker so any info you guys have would be great cause I am in Yuma, AZ and the junkyards here stink so I will be looking in other areas if this turns out to be the route to go. Thanks and good wheelin!!!
:paperwork
DANNY

You searched for an 8.8 swap on NAXJA, and couldn't find ANY info?

Wow.

It is alot stonger than the 35.'96 or newer have disc brakes.As far as e- brake, I don't know 'cause I never hooked mine up but it shouldn't be hard to make it work. You have to cut off the shock mounts & the spring perches, weld new in new location & use 8.8 driveshaft(preferably). I would also advise welding axle tubes to pumpkin & angling driveshaft up slightly when you mount the spring perches for better driveline angle. I think that is it. Hope this helps.

people swap in 8.8's??
CRASH said:

Wow.

CRASH said:

Wow.

Haha seriously

Yeah ahhh there is so much info on the swap you'll get sick reading it all ,lol. I know I have a good thread about it about 1-2 months back.

yeah, my suggestion would be not to drag up 3 year old posts and go post in the thread you made yesterday.

Back