• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 19/lb injectors report

I also installed a new set of series III injectors. Bought them from that guy on eBay that others have been referencing and I have had zero issues. My rig is also a Renix setup but I switched the head on mine over to a '93 HO head.

Before mine felt pretty gutless and seemed to have such a slow throttle response. But now, wow, what a difference. The Renix system loves that '93 head with the series III injectors.

It pulls harder off the line, idles smoother, and over all just feels like a different Jeep compared to before. Haven't really had a chance to stretch its legs on a long trip so I can't say anything definitive on a MPG increase but even had I not switched over to the '93 head, the new injectors with the crisper throttle response and smoother idle were more than worth the switch over.

BTW, anyone else who has a Renix rig, if you haven't changed out your injectors, it was brought up in another thread that those old Renix injectors were prone to leaks and engine fires have been reported because of the failures. Don't hesitate to switch them out if you have the time. Well worth it if for nothing else to be safer and less prone to charcoaled jeep.

Just so you guys know, these injectors arn't making more power by adding more fuel, they are replacing your old injectors with newer designed and better working injectors. You are making the engine more efficient and "freeing up" power that was there. These ford injectors are a 4hole opposed to a single hole like the stock injectors.

BTW, anyone else who has a Renix rig, if you haven't changed out your injectors, it was brought up in another thread that those old Renix injectors were prone to leaks and engine fires have been reported because of the failures. Don't hesitate to switch them out if you have the time. Well worth it if for nothing else to be safer and less prone to charcoaled jeep.

Excellent point. The original injectors were prone to leaking at a crimp on the injector body itself and spraying raw fuel.

That's reason enough to do it. The added benefits have already been stated as far as smoother idle and better throttle response. Don't get your hopes up as to some great increase in MPGs though. Although that's a good one to use on your wife to justify getting them.........

Excellent point. The original injectors were prone to leaking at a crimp on the injector body itself and spraying raw fuel.

That's reason enough to do it. The added benefits have already been stated as far as smoother idle and better throttle response. Don't get your hopes up as to some great increase in MPGs though. Although that's a good one to use on your wife to justify getting them.........
I've seen MPG improvments on a lot of these installs, but it's because these are replacing old, crappy, leaky injectors. Which also means it is lowering emissions. Just don't expect it to beat a Honda Civic in economy or emissions.......

Are these plug and play or do you need an adjustable something or other?

Cool, I gotta find a way to beef up my new renix

I installed a year ago the 19lbs Ford yellow injectors on my XJ with a Hesco adjustable fuel presure regulator. My 4.0L has 170K miles on it and I noticed a bit of more low end torque by my butt dyno (my wife claimes the same) but no extra high end HP. Also I didnt see any MPG diffrence.

I'd have to agree with the no real increase in mpg. After having run mine on a few 30 mile trips on winding, hilly roads all I am getting is around 13mpg. Which is on par for the terrain i am driving it on.

I installed the 4-hole, rebuilt, flow balanced injectors a few years back on my 90 with custom intake, upgraded ignition, Mike Leach/Mopar ceramic coated headers, and custom 2.5" exhaust. Tad smoother, maybe. No difference in performance in MPG, or seat of pants. I will note that the motor in the 90 is long past it's prime, with cylinders 1 & 2 with low compression, and it blows oil like crazy.

I just got mine in the mail today. When I install them do I need to reset the computer or anything of the sort? I know some guys run an adjustable FPR but do you have to or can I just use my stock one for the time being. Minelooks old as hell and I will eventually change it but I'd like to run with it for a short while.

Renix computer aka ECU does not require resetting. No need to be concerned with teh FPR. Oil up the o-rings well upon installation. Make sure you have no fuel leaks anywhere before driving it.

Back