• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOA vs. SAW Race Runner

FWIW, I remember when Sway-a-ways came out. We refered to them as Stay-a-ways back then because it wasn't uncommon to have them leak even before they made it on the vehicle. Sway-a-way worked hard and tried to make things right with their customers and I think they made it through and have developed a pretty good reputation for themselves.

Seems to me FOA is in a similar situation. It's one thing to build a set of shocks; it's another thing to mass produce and maintain high levels of product quality. Everything I hear sounds like FOA is commited to building a good product and a good reputation.

Chris

I do not doubt that a bit Chris, I have heard they stand behind the product. I just would rather not be the guinea pig for the potential issues, although Jim mentioned it seems they are all resolved.

I did not read this whole thread because hey Im lazy and its three pages long, BUT...

I say keep with king or foa because they use the same valving shims, and you can do a rebuild yourself no problem. I hear good things about sway-away but the bodys seam to corrode even faster then the foas. bilsteins are nice but I hear parts can be hard to find at times, and like fox the valving is a little hard to translate.

If you go with a shock that uses shim thickness to gauge valving specs then you can post a vid and any shock guy can help you out with what you need.

Also not sure about other brands but Kings parts are pretty spendy. King valve stack is something like $12-16 and foa is $6. I hear that kings shims are some special kind of stainless that keeps its strength very well in high temps yadda yadda but money is money man.

Last edited:
Back