• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flow of things

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
No big plans to change much of the flow of things for the event. It will look mostly like it has in the past.

Folks will arrived and checkin in with the Badlands office. They will either pay and register with the badlands or checkin with our crew in the main office, whichever set up works best, but both things will be taken care of right away.

Then the tech inspection will be at the old badlands office. We will do it along side of the road.

Once clear there, you will go down to the lower parking area to stage for the trails.

Any other thoughts on changing or modifying this?

mac 'much like the last several years' gyvr

Is there some way to set up a shuttle so that we can have people park at the old office and come up to pay without causing the giant traffic jam in that little parking lot?

Kyle told me they put more parking room by the new office with a 'pull off' area to help with signing in. I'm sure he had to do it for regular wheeling weekends.

Hopefully it will be better.

mac 'only shuttle I got is the golf cart' gyvr

Just thinking if we get the vehicles down there we can tech and stuff with one vehicle stop. I was thinking of like a hay ride trailer or even just someone with an suv for 8 seats.

We can take a look at things when we get there on Wednesday and while there pre-running on Thursday. I am not sure how a shuttle would work back and forth. It's worth looking at the possibility to see if it will make things better.

I'm also thinking about tow rigs with trailers and if they will unload in the campground and go tech or unload in the parking lot and possibly tech on the trailer. This would be more for folks arriving on Fri/Sat...who are also the ones that tend to slow down getting on the trail anyways ;)

If Grace comes at all, it won't be until Saturday afternoon, so I won't have the Ex down there early.

I'm not sure what other vehicles would be available.

mac 'winterfest shuttle service does sound bad ass' gyvr

I will have the EX down there on wednesday. Suzi will be driving the car down on thursday evening so if we need to we can fill the bus up with people friday and saturday and she can haul people back and forth.

Thanks Ben.

With it there early, we can for sure look at it as an option and make a game time decision possibly if necessary.

If it works well, it could be expanded for 2017.

mac 'always thinking, I like it' gyvr

Would we be allowed to use the old Badlands office for registration? I know everyone would have to stop in the new office to pay anyway, but if registration and tech were in the same place it would keep people from having to go back and forth.

Back