• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fiberglass 10 inch sub molded to rear quarter

Dude. Any possibility you be interested in making a roof mount speaker bar. I'd be interested in all four if so. I've been using 1/2 inch spacers to get 6.5s in the doors but a solid sealed roof mount enclosure would be sick and sound a lot better than the factory ones.

I thought it sounded great, but I was looking for a nice balanced system, not monster bass

A ten in that location is not monster bass. It's all in how you tune the system. It's better to have more than what you need and tune it back so it's solid than to be right at the edge and tune around deficiencies.

Last edited:
I'm okay with .32 cubic feet as long as that specification meets the specification of the subwoofer. Does JL make a subwoofer that will work with .32 cubic feet? I'm assuming the sub thump is a sealed enclosure? What other quality subwoofers meet the .32 minimum specification? I don't need a huge auto system, but I would be willing to spend the money to make it sound good and look clean.

Last edited:
I found an 8" JL that will work with those specifications:
“The 8W3v3-4 is best used with amplifier power in the 75W - 250W range and is optimized to operate in a tiny 0.30 cu. ft. (8.5 l) sealed enclosure, or a 0.35 cu. ft. (9.9 l) ported enclosure.”

Its $315 on Amazon

I'm okay with .32 cubic feet as long as that specification meets the specification of the subwoofer. Does JL make a subwoofer that will work with .32 cubic feet? I'm assuming the sub thump is a sealed enclosure? What other quality subwoofers meet the .32 minimum specification? I don't need a huge auto system, but I would be willing to spend the money to make it sound good and look clean.

I ran it with a 10w1

Sounded good to me

I ran it with a 10w1

Sounded good to me

I don't doubt you. I'm just trying to stay within JL's specifications. According to JL, the 10W1 is best used in a minimum 0.625 cu. ft. sealed enclosure. I'm okay going with the 8" sub.

Just finished up another box for a customer. He chose to go with carpet.

25p36mo.jpg

I don't yet ship them and sell em online. I build them to the vehicle at my shop. Anyone in the boulder, co area is welcome to pm for one though.

I don't yet ship them and sell em online. I build them to the vehicle at my shop. Anyone in the boulder, co area is welcome to pm for one though.

Thats a bummer because that EXACTLY what I want in my Jeep. I have big slotted box that stretches nearly the entire length of the back seat for my 12" JL W3-V3 and I really want to gain back cargo space with a box like this.

Yeah this would have been good for me too

Guess I'll end up with the Subthump setup.

To the OP. If you think the demand's there, time to make a mold and stop building to every vehicle. Sell through Amazon with couple check boxes for options and you're in business.

Back