• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flares

just wondering if you had finished putting the flares on, and how you did it and liked it, thinking of doing the same thing, but i was thinking of using the fronts flares too.

towering_xj said:
just wondering if you had finished putting the flares on, and how you did it and liked it, thinking of doing the same thing, but i was thinking of using the fronts flares too.

he probably hasn't, unless he did it in a heated garage. the 3m double sided tape i just bought for molding, to reattach the window vent things (the rain things) says not to put the tape on surfaces below 65 degrees, and hes from detroit or somewhere.

tclapp_88 said:
he probably hasn't, unless he did it in a heated garage. the 3m double sided tape i just bought for molding, to reattach the window vent things (the rain things) says not to put the tape on surfaces below 65 degrees, and hes from detroit or somewhere.

I did end up putting them on a couple of weeks ago(tired of road salt ending up all over my darn windshield). I just sucked it up(due to the inability to find good 3M tape and the fact I can't do it in this weather) and drilled about 7 holes per side and put them on with some "christmas tree" trim screws from murrays. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them up.

Still haven't gotten the rears on yet.

Ok people, Help me out with this. I have seen several people post pictures of this orange back-halfed XJ with explorer flares molded on. Does anyone out there know what is involved in puttin ghtose flares on an XJ, or does anyone have any photos of another jeep with them?

Back