• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flare Poll

Better fender flare poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fender Flare Crush test

Wanted to do some type of "impact test" on the flares without smashing the jeep. Decided that running over a flare would be a good start.

This picture was taken after the flare was driven over. The flare sustained some bending but didn't crack & didn't break even with a 33" front tire sitting completely on the flare. See all the picts here: JeepCherokeeFenderFlares
dn

IMPRESSIVE!

i voted for flexible because i had doubts on the rigid being unbreakable even at 3/16", however that last set of shots has me convinced BWs are just too thin.

i have a set of bws for a 2door that sold, so i've been thinkin about modding them for my 4 door. if these see production i might just have to leave them intact for an MJ or sell 'em to finance a set of these.

good work! best lookin' flare so far.

curious regarding pricing

as far as constructive criticisms are concerned... the spacing of the second to last cut-out pocket on rear flares would look better if centered between its neighbors.

Any unmounted pics of the backs of the flares?
Any detail shots looking up in the wheel-wells?

kudos

I am super interested in these. I was about to buy a set of BWs but they are just way to huge for me. I would gladly buy a set to test fit & send pics back to you for marketing if wanted. I have a flame red 97 & will be painting them to match if I can get a set.
thanks
John

Like these as well. Interested

Fronts look awesome, the rears need more work for a better fit.

I agree

take a look here
SDC10092.jpg

you need to space the bolt holes a little better on the back side and, why don't they go all the way down, or is it just on this one? and why is there a good size gap in between the pieces? Any ways I think they look great, I will be interested in a set as long as they look a little better.

I agree ..... you need to space the bolt holes a little better on the back side and, why don't they go all the way down, or is it just on this one? and why is there a good size gap in between the pieces? Any ways I think they look great, I will be interested in a set as long as they look a little better.
Camarors & Red, thanks for the input. The rear corner of the back flares don't go all the way down to help keep them from snagging on stuff and to match the flare on the door. The flare piece on the door is short because it hangs down lower than the door which I didn't like.

There is a tapered gap between the front & back pieces at the door because of the technology being used. The ends must be tapered to get the flares to remove from the mold that shapes the plastic. The only other possibility would be to have the front piece actually lap over the rear flare piece.

However, if people think the flares would still work okay and look better, then they could be revised and the shape changed. Let's hear what more people think on this one.

Thanks, Doug

as far as constructive criticisms are concerned... the spacing of the second to last cut-out pocket on rear flares would look better if centered between its neighbors.

kudos

here take a look...
SDC10100.jpg

Regarding my first comments, looking at it again from the side dead on it looks a lot better. as far as the gap. but the bolt spacing needs to be fixed just a little....

I am interested when you start mass producing them I want a set!

these dont look like the ones i first saw i liked the first ones much better these look like bushwackers i just returned a set of those to big for my punny 32inch tires i wante something that bolts to the outside of the wheelwell but isnt huge that i can still stuff my tire all the way into my fender. i have to have some kind of tire coverage in Oregon cuz i dont wante a ticket plus im tired of cleaning mud off of my truck everytime i do minor wheeling the mud is scratching my paint and all my glass arghhhhhh.

Just wanted to post something in case...

Is it an optical thing in the pictures or is the shape of the flare between the outboard edge and the top of the flare (the face that is roughly 45 degress) a different angle and height than the front flares?

Like the flare is thinner or something?

Not sure if I am expressing it properly...

These are really nice flares man, way to go. The BW look, for a smaller tire and not so "over the top" as someone else said.

I could be interested if the price was right. Howmuch can you sell them for? (maybe I missed that in the posts somewhere...)

:cheers:

Back