• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flare Poll

Better fender flare poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And how are these not the exact same as Bushwackers?

I'll stick with Bushwackers.

They are thicker material... bushwhackers crack, these had a vehicle drive over them to test out...

They are thinner dimensions, both horizontally and in depth, so they don't appear to shrink the tires as much

They were designed to take much more abuse than the bushwhackers can handle...

I dont use no steenkin flarez! I jest let em hang out! If I get a ticket, I will bend some sheet metal onto my exo cage and put some teeny tires on. Flarez are a pain in the ass!

I just keep beat'in the heck out of my TJ flares...

Still going strong.

Nick

I use YJ Flares. Flexible and never crack.

Fender Flare Set Available

Here's a set of Matte Black fender flares available on Ebay. Jeep Cherokee Off-Road Fender Flares
and picts of the actual set on Photobucket. Fender Flare Pictures

A UV Resistant coating has been added to these to reduce fading. Right now I'm working through another 4 sets of fender flares that will post on ebay as they get completed. It may be awhile before anymore get made since it takes a lot of money up front to get the UV resistant heavy gauge ABS needed for these flares.

Doug

Last edited:
I personally would like to build a tube flare that would tie into the front bumper and some rock sliders.

X3

I quickly learned 2 things after buying my Bushwackers...
1. that was stupid.
2. remove before playing in rocks.

Flares are just going to get knocked off anyway so either get one easy to remove or build a tube one.

PS: wow old thread... I didnt necro! :D

Last edited:
Man $305 is a lot to spend on flares that

a.) Don't fit from the box
b.) Have so many molding imperfections
c.) Can't even be painted

Edit: didn't see scond listing. Still a little too high. At $200 I might be tempted.

Man $305 is a lot to spend on flares that

a.) Don't fit from the box
b.) Have so many molding imperfections
c.) Can't even be painted

Edit: didn't see scond listing. Still a little too high. At $200 I might be tempted.

Hey, thanks for your comments. They'll help clarify a few things.

These heavy duty fender flares are being sold on Ebay so that the buyer determines a fair value. These flares do have a number of improvements over other brands such as heavier gauge material, UV Resistant coating, and a tighter better looking profile. We can all agree that each Jeep Cherokee owner has a personal preference, "to each his own."

A) The problem with fit is that there are so many variables on our Jeep Cherokees. Every jeep these flares were fit to had differences in the sheetmetal. That made it impossible to determine a precise cut line to get the flares to fit exactly. The slightly wider dimension was used to allow for adequate material to allow triming to fit most Jeep Cherokees.

B) The molding imperfections are unfortunate. Imperfections are being highlighted so that there is nothing unexpected when the buyer sees their fender flares. The first set also had the most imperfections. Obviously, if these flares were produced again additional improvements would be made and imperfections would be eliminated.

C) A lot of Jeep Cherokees have fender flares that are not painted and they fade over time. It was important for these new fender flares to be UV Resistant so they wouldn't fade in the same way. The product used on this one set you mention does not paint. As you noticed, the other sets of fender flares are all using a Paintable UV Resistant Coating.

For anyone interested, there is a set of these flares posted on Ebay that are almost perfect.
Jeep Cherokee Off-Road Fender Flares MB3
One more set to go, then done.
Thanks, Doug

Last edited:
Gotcha, nice job on the clarifications. Here's what would make me bite and buy a pair.

A.) Make sure they were a little bigger around the edges, so the consumer could mold them with a die grinder, sander, etc for a perfect fit.

B.) Don't care about the molding imperfections, as long as the can be corrected. The orange peel/dimpling is no big deal, nor are the "lines" in direct sunlight. I just don't want half of it to be wider than the other half or something bold like that.

C.) Make the paintable. I do a lot of dabbling in body work, so them would get a few coats of high build and some automotive urethane anyways.

D.) $225 shipped is about the highest I would pay.

I do commend you for taking things into your own hands and pumping out a product that is stronger than the competition. Takes a lot of practice to one-up an extensively engineered product. You're almost there :)

Hey, thanks for your comments. They'll help clarify a few things.

These heavy duty fender flares are being sold on Ebay so that the buyer determines a fair value. These flares do have a number of improvements over other brands such as heavier gauge material, UV Resistant coating, and a tighter better looking profile. We can all agree that each Jeep Cherokee owner has a personal preference, "to each his own."

A) The problem with fit is that there are so many variables on our Jeep Cherokees. Every jeep these flares were fit to had differences in the sheetmetal. That made it impossible to determine a precise cut line to get the flares to fit exactly. The slightly wider dimension was used to allow for adequate material to allow triming to fit most Jeep Cherokees.

B) The molding imperfections are unfortunate. Imperfections are being highlighted so that there is nothing unexpected when the buyer sees their fender flares. The first set also had the most imperfections. Obviously, if these flares were produced again additional improvements would be made and imperfections would be eliminated.

C) A lot of Jeep Cherokees have fender flares that are not painted and they fade over time. It was important for these new fender flares to be UV Resistant so they wouldn't fade in the same way. The product used on this one set you mention does not paint. As you noticed, the other sets of fender flares are all using a Paintable UV Resistant Coating.

For anyone interested, there is a set of these flares posted on Ebay that are almost perfect.
Jeep Cherokee Off-Road Fender Flares MB3
One more set to go, then done.
Thanks, Doug

I have been following this thread intently. Thanks for your hard work to produce these. I am bidding on those (MB3) on eBay. Does "one more set" mean that you do not plan to make any more?:nosmile: I would like to get a set even if I do not win the auction. Please do tell...

I have been following this thread intently. Thanks for your hard work to produce these. I am bidding on those (MB3) on eBay. Does "one more set" mean that you do not plan to make any more?:nosmile: I would like to get a set even if I do not win the auction. Please do tell...

A total of 5 sets were formed. "One more set" was when I was working on the fifth set. Here's another set on ebay for those interested: Jeep Cherokee Fender Flares on Ebay - SA1

There's obvious interest in these flares. I expect demand will only increase now that the economy is showing signs of recovery.

Any plans to make this an on-going thing? Just playing it by ear?

There's obvious interest in these flares. I expect demand will only increase now that the economy is showing signs of recovery.

Any plans to make this an on-going thing? Just playing it by ear?

Yeah, "playin it by ear" right now. I agree that there would probably be an on-going interest in these flares. However, it's expensive to order the minimum quantity of UV resistant ABS plastic and I've been "sporadically employed" most of this year. Not the best combination for a new endeavor! :shocked:
Thanks, Doug

Doug, got 3 of the 4 flares on, waiting for paint to dry on the last one. These are awesome! There was just minimal cutting involved. If you start selling these I would recommend these very highly to anyone with narrow wheels (15x8 procomp alloy extreme, 1079) or wheels with minimal offset. They look great and are definitely thick. I am extremely pleased with them. I will post up pics soon.

Doug, got 3 of the 4 flares on, waiting for paint to dry on the last one. These are awesome! There was just minimal cutting involved. If you start selling these I would recommend these very highly to anyone with narrow wheels (15x8 procomp alloy extreme, 1079) or wheels with minimal offset. They look great and are definitely thick. I am extremely pleased with them. I will post up pics soon.
Hey, sounds like you're making good progress. I am in the process of upgrading equipment and molds to be able to make more of these fender flares. I'm consider other things too like custom winch covers, rear bumper caps, and an alternator shield. All things I wish I had for my Cherokee. Other ideas are welcome!

Thanks for the good word and looking forward to your picts!
Doug

Back