• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flare Poll

Better fender flare poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting question! What I can do is get some dimensions off my Jeep to where the mounting holes are at for the new fender flares. Give me a day or so, just a lot going on right now!
Thanks, DougN

I just thought I'd add a couple of things. First, I have noticed that once I trimmed the flares so I could get my 34's to stuff with stock bumpstops, that I could have cut the fender much higher.
I haven't done so yet, but I want to mark the fender and cut more. FWIW, I did what was recommended, cut some more and there is more fender left, so my guess is you would be fine.

Doug's got the right approach; get some measurements.

Secondly, I wanted to let people know that I smacked a spruce tree with the leading flare on the rear, (Actually I hit the front, too, cuz there's sap all over the front too) hard enough to push it back against the rear section and it didn't break. It moved it back 3/8-1/2" and it hit the rear hard.

These things are tough.

I just loosened the mounting screws, realigned it, and it was fine.

I guess I've got to learn how to drive offroad. :wierd:

I just thought I'd add a couple of things. First, I have noticed that once I trimmed the flares so I could get my 34's to stuff with stock bumpstops, that I could have cut the fender much higher.
I haven't done so yet, but I want to mark the fender and cut more. FWIW, I did what was recommended, cut some more and there is more fender left, so my guess is you would be fine.

Doug's got the right approach; get some measurements.

Secondly, I wanted to let people know that I smacked a spruce tree with the leading flare on the rear, (Actually I hit the front, too, cuz there's sap all over the front too) hard enough to push it back against the rear section and it didn't break. It moved it back 3/8-1/2" and it hit the rear hard.

These things are tough.

I just loosened the mounting screws, realigned it, and it was fine.

I guess I've got to learn how to drive offroad. :wierd:

Hey, thanks for the good report!! I thought hitting trees and rocks was part of driving offroad, at least around here!

I looked through the thread and want to know how does the rear fender work with the pinch seem?

The rear wheel well maxes out past the spot welds. The sheet metal is either trimmed out & welded or just bent over. Here's a writeup on Jeepin.com - Bushwacker XJ Cutout Flares that will give a good visual description of what happens.

The V2 Jeep Cherokee XJ Fender Flare "Installation Guide" goes through the process for opening up the rear wheel well but there are no picts attached yet. It does require some sheet metal skills, or at least being willing to learn on your own jeep.

Let me know if this answers the question!

Thanks,
Doug

Yeah that answered my question thanks and I will be interested in these in a few months when the funds come.

Separetly, I tried to order some edge trim from your site but the shipping came out to be $306!?!?!?! is that right? This is really concerning if I later buy those flairs.

Yeah that answered my question thanks and I will be interested in these in a few months when the funds come.

Separetly, I tried to order some edge trim from your site but the shipping came out to be $306!?!?!?! is that right? This is really concerning if I later buy those flairs.

Wow. No, shipping is not that much. That's gotta be a glich so I'll get it straightened out. Thanks for letting me know!
DougN

Doug, you had talked about a plastic winch cover. Is that still a thought? Sorry I hadn't emailed you back about the rubber trim, I haven't taken my flares off to rework them yet. If I need it I will buy it from your website. Thanks, Jay

Doug, you had talked about a plastic winch cover. Is that still a thought? Sorry I hadn't emailed you back about the rubber trim, I haven't taken my flares off to rework them yet. If I need it I will buy it from your website. Thanks, Jay

Hey Jay, the plastic winch cover is certainly on the list, but further down. There are a lot of variables to consider and it'll take a lot more work. The edge trim is available on my website, Napier Precision Products

Approximate dimensions for the mounting hardware locations on the fender flares is now available.

Also, PMs sent to those that requested this information.

hey,, i got my front flares installed yesterday and they look great so far.. i hope to get the rears done this w/e,, but i am extreemly busy at work,,

Doug , any chance you can get these pics back up.. i would like to look over the rears again

any chance of a few close ups from a few different angles.. now that would be real nice..

so far i am super pleased with this product, once i get em painted up i will post some pics,

thanx a ton doug,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The V2 Heavy Duty Fender Flares for the 97-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4 Door keep getting great reviews! They are in regular production now and usually available for immediate shipping!

The V2 Fender Flares are occasionally on Ebay. They are also sold on the website: Napier Precision Products

Here are a few of the past comments about these fender flares posted on NAXJA:

Blacksheep01, Oklahoma - My Jeep is the one in the pic. I live in the hottest part of Oklahoma. During the summer it gets 100+. I have a few stickers melting off of my BLACK Jeep. The flares are fine. They have been on for about a year now. I BOUGHT my flares in the first batch for the newer XJs. They are EXTREMELY thick and well worth the asking price.
Thanks again Doug and best of luck. Jay

Swampman, Ontario, Canada - So far i am super pleased with this product.

Zr2toXJ, Leeds, Maine - I wanted to let people know that I smacked a spruce tree with the leading flare on the rear, (Actually I hit the front, too, cuz there's sap all over the front too) hard enough to push it back against the rear section and it didn't break. It moved it back 3/8-1/2" and it hit the rear hard.

These things are tough. I just loosened the mounting screws, realigned it, and it was fine. I guess I've got to learn how to drive off-road.

Erics2000XJ, Northern Idaho - I really like the look of these flares. Great job on making something IMO more tasteful for the xj. Eric

94xjstud, San Jose, CA - I talked to Doug personally today and he is a cool guy and very helpful. I look forward to dealing with him in the future.

srmitchell, Mckinleyville (Humboldt) CA - Right on. Cool. They look sweet.

Jeepman401, Lisbon, CT - I have another set of the (fender flares), and they are awesome.

mrtosh, Woodbury, MN - Just wanna say Doug here is a great guy to deal with and very helpful. Thanks, Sean

Back