• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fellow XJ,ers

typefour

NAXJA Forum User
First ,Merry Christmas to all.

Second, my Daughter just moved to Appleton WI. and is looking for someone to put a pinion seal in her 90 xj. I rebuilt the rear a few years ago and she noticed a drip after the trip from oregon.
She may need some cold climate tips also.

I told her to get on here and check but she is working a lot.
Thanks in advance.
Russ

I'm 2 hours south of green bay, but willing to help out.

Green Bay-ish

Welcome Jessi! I am a bit far south of ya to offer any assistance in the replacement of the pinion seal, but if ya need any useful information regarding cheese or bacon...or just useful insight..I am around.. :D

so anyone have any ideas to keep my window from freezing:shiver: shut on my driver door? Makes it difficult when feeling the need for some Taco Bell at midnight. Thanks!

Peace, Jessi

:party:

if ya can get it to roll down/thaw, use a petroleum based lubricant on it, like WD 40 around the edges and along the rubber lower seal, it may make it a bit greasy looking at first, but at least water should repel off of it and you can get yo grub on in the Taco Bell drive thru :D

Now why would anyone need to go to Taco Bell at midnight?? Hmmm.....kids these days....

Some Rain-X on the glass would help, too.

yup, but that is not messy enough John :D

also, if your window is not rolling down at midnight and that stops you from getting Taco Bell, then your not having enough fun at the drive through...I faintly remember going through a drive thru on the roof of a vehicle...but just faintly..

Alcohol may have been involved. Or you could do what I've done late at night... Back through and lean across to the pass side.

man some Taco Bell sounds good right now though.

Parakeet

Thank you for the advice. I'll try some of that. The odd thing is that the drivers side rear window will roll down just fine (not frozen) but apparently not my drivers window. So when it warms up i will attempt to remedy the situation.
I would think it would be hard to ride through the drive thru on the top of my jeep, while also driving. lol

Thanks all!

Peace, Jessi

Just take the doors off & get rid of the pesky window problem. JIM.

Back