• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FarmFest for July 4th

FarmerMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Well, we'll be a few days off... :shhh: Saturday June 30 will be the date for the third Annual "Lets see if we can burn down the ranch" BBQ in celebration of July 4th. :flame: The day will begin mid afternoon & will end when the fire trucks leave. Honestly, several people stayed till the following evening last year. We cut up Goatman's XJ last year. We need to find a guiny pig for this year... We've got plenty of room for you out of towner's who want to camp out. We have plenty of room for campers & camp trailers as well. This will be done potluck style. I'll probably cook up a couple pork tenderloins. I'm sure Jes will be down for manning the blender. I'll whip up some guac. also. Who's down for the party & what specialties are you bringing. Here's some pics from previous years.

47b6d922b3127cce8aa749a6354800000016108IasWTVu5aE

47b6d922b3127cce8aa749ce352000000016108IasWTVu5aE

standard.jpg

Directions from the north on 99 (North of Madera):
Take 99 south to Ave. 18 ½, which is just north of Madera. At the off-ramp drive straight across 18 1/2 & onto Rd. 23. You'll stay straight on Rd. 23 (south) for approx. 11 1/2 miles until you reach Ave. 7 (stop sign). Turn right (west) on Ave. 7. You’ll stay on Ave. 7 for approx. 8 ½ miles. The last crossroad will be Rd. 16. We are 1 ½ miles past Rd. 16. There will be 2 mailboxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted under them on the right hand side of Ave. 7 (north side). Turn right (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

Directions from the north on I5 (Bay area):
Take I5 south to the Firebaugh turn off / Nees Ave. Take Nees Ave. into Firebaugh. At the first stoplight you come to (hwy 33) take a right. At the very next intersection (stop light) you’ll want to take a left. This is 13th street, which will also turn into Ave. 7 ½. Continue out of town on Ave. 7 ½. After approx. 5 miles Ave. 7 ½ will split into Ave. 7 & Ave. 12. At this split you’ll want to stay to the right & head towards Fresno & be on Ave. 7. Approx. 4 miles after the split you’ll see a large shop / equipment complex on the left (north) side of Ave. 7. Our driveway is ½ mile past the shop on the north side of the road. There are 2 mail boxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted below them. Turn left (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

Directions from south 99 (Fresno & south):
Take 99 north through Fresno. The off-ramp will be Ave. 7, which is the next off-ramp after Herndon. Turn left (west) on Ave. 7. You’ll continue west on Ave. 7 for approx. 18 ½ miles. . The last crossroad will be Rd. 16. We are 1 ½ miles past Rd. 16. There will be 2 mailboxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted under them on the right hand side of Ave. 7 (north side). Turn right (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

This is the address for those that want to map quest it.
14515 Ave. 7
Madera, Ca 93637
The best way to get a hold of me is on my cell with any questions or concerns @ (559) 706-8627. If I don't answer than leave a message & I will get back to you!

Always a good time on the farm.
I'll likely make fresh salsa and bring the good chips. :cheers:

Unfortunately, there's also a huge shin-dig and FOTR clean up on the 'Con that weekend that I've committed to...

One of these days I'll make it out there. :) Thanks for opening up your place to us, Matt!

Will there be that spicy thing made by Jes my wife could not get enough of the last time ?

Matt, is there somewhere close by (bike riding distance) where I
can park my 18-wheeler? (53 foot trailer). Side of road or whatever.
Or, how far are you from the Pilot truckstop in Madera?
If I can park my truck within bike riding distance, or if someone can pick me up and drop me off at the Pilot, I'll be there!
My XJ is out of commission right now.

bugslinger said:
Matt, is there somewhere close by (bike riding distance) where I
can park my 18-wheeler? (53 foot trailer). Side of road or whatever.
Or, how far are you from the Pilot truckstop in Madera?
If I can park my truck within bike riding distance, or if someone can pick me up and drop me off at the Pilot, I'll be there!
My XJ is out of commission right now.

It's a pretty big farm, I think he has room for an 18-wheeler. Plus my kids would probably love to climb all over it! :D

ChuckD said:
It's a pretty big farm, I think he has room for an 18-wheeler. Plus my kids would probably love to climb all over it! :D
I'm afraid the kids will be disappointed with my wimpy airhorn :(
It occured to me after I posted that I could drop trailer at truckstop and bobtail to farm if Matt is OK with that. Will need to talk to him about low
clearances (bridges, powerlines etc), my tractor is 13 feet tall.

Bug,
You can bring the truck right to my house. You'll tap your mirrors on some trees coming down my drive way, but the rig will fit. We have a trucking fleet of 6 trucks & have designed the ranch to be able to get trucks in & out. A 53' van is longer than anything we've got, but theres plenty of room to make the turn by my house. My shop yard is another 1/2 mile west on Ave. 7 & there is more than enough room for your rig there.

Matt

FarmerMatt said:
Bug,
You can bring the truck right to my house. You'll tap your mirrors on some trees coming down my drive way, but the rig will fit. We have a trucking fleet of 6 trucks & have designed the ranch to be able to get trucks in & out. A 53' van is longer than anything we've got, but theres plenty of room to make the turn by my house. My shop yard is another 1/2 mile west on Ave. 7 & there is more than enough room for your rig there.

Matt

Cool, thanks.
Dont know what I'll bring, open to suggestion but will need to be something I can pick up at a store, beer, liquor, chips, deli stuff etc.

Why must everything be on this weekend, I hope to make it, but there is the clean up, and so many other lame things to do this one weekend, and to top it off my wife will probly make me do house work all weekend :tears:

Hey Guys... since you guys line up projects for the farmfest... what are the chances one of you guys w/a welder could weld up my Isuzu D44?

We could probably manage something selarep. Are you talking just spring perches & shock mounts or spider gears? If you can get everything lined up & ready it would only take me a few minutes to burn it in. Spudly sent me a pm wanting to know if we could help swap some axles on his rig as well. I'll be somewhat busy in the morning with work & setting up for the party, but my facilities will be open. It'd be great if a couple of you more wrench savy guys could come out early & help out.

Matt

FarmerMatt said:
We could probably manage something selarep. Are you talking just spring perches & shock mounts or spider gears? If you can get everything lined up & ready it would only take me a few minutes to burn it in. Spudly sent me a pm wanting to know if we could help swap some axles on his rig as well. I'll be somewhat busy in the morning with work & setting up for the party, but my facilities will be open. It'd be great if a couple of you more wrench savy guys could come out early & help out.

Matt
Give me a wrench and a beer and I am happy!

What time should we show up? I am thinking of leaving my place in San Jose around 12 noon, that is 121.7 miles and about 2 hour 0 mins, or 2pm, is that too soon?

Also what do you want me to bring? How about 2 fat try tips? Meat is always good!

Opie and I will be there sat morning. I "think" I can help weld it up, but I got to get all my crap out of the barn to bring down to Ventura.

I will be bringing dirt cake... again.

Back