• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extreme Ride

It's not any tighter now than then. If anything it's easier for the smaller tire narrow rigs.....

Wish I was going to be around to watch you guys take the xj's through there. I'm going down the 28th and coming back the 1st so I'll be gone before you guys even get there.

A couple of us are coming in on the 1st.

I just flipped through google images of Lions Den and saw pictures of more full bodied rigs in there than not.

It's definitely going to be interesting and I don't expect to keep my passenger side roof line straight.

Yeah, I'm more worried about it catching the hatch and ripping it off than I am about that sheet metal. I'm going to chop it up once the thing runs alright. Lions den can help me start cutting.

Yeah, I'm more worried about it catching the hatch and ripping it off than I am about that sheet metal. I'm going to chop it up once the thing runs alright. Lions den can help me start cutting.

The tree in that picture is known for doing just that IIRC! There are plenty of other places including Mason Jar that has places that can do that......

I'm watching videos of Lions den... Looks awesome I would just prefer to not rip my hatch off... I'll try anything once!
it's only bad in about 2 spots for roof line damage.

Not with that attitude
^this

Both of ya'll have tires twice the size of mine!
I did it on bald 34" swampers in a jeep with a 118" wheelbase.

It's not any tighter now than then. If anything it's easier for the smaller tire narrow rigs.....

this, you get to pick a much better line on that spot that Jims at.
You don't have to go up and over the rock, you can shoot the gap.

if anything I'd say that it's a bit more open now than it use to be.
there are some trees that went away over the last few years.

The tree in that picture is known for doing just that IIRC! There are plenty of other places including Mason Jar that has places that can do that......

you're capable of losing a hatch in a parking lot getting groceries.

My Jeep's attendance is up in the air at the moment. Broke something. Too soon to say what I broke, though.

That's what you get for going to Gulches two weeks before the Crawl!

So what is this trail you speak of Glenn? Like Lions Den off trail 5

I'll refer you to Jim aka Beer Goggles. When we talked about the Extreme ride he said I should go scout it. I'll probably check it out Wednesday if I can get someone to go with me.

I'll refer you to Jim aka Beer Goggles. When we talked about the Extreme ride he said I should go scout it. I'll probably check it out Wednesday if I can get someone to go with me.

I'll have to look at my map when I get home tonight. I'm not exactly sure where trail 5 is, but It would be awesome to have something else like Lions Den there.

I'll have to look at my map when I get home tonight. I'm not exactly sure where trail 5 is, but It would be awesome to have something else like Lions Den there.

It shows trail 5 on the map I have by Beach Creek Campground. Yes it's a long haul out there.....

Back