• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Explorer flares

nice, i like it , what lift did you start with?????

bigwhitey said:
Heres the final project for the front until I can find some eddie bauer 2dr's to stick out farther. I beat the lip over with a hammer used marine epoxy to seal the seam and sprayed rubber under coating on everything to make it look nice.

hammered3.JPG

@ a glance that looks alot like an exploder :YUKK!:
BUT to each they're own..

to me the BEST flare to match XJ lines & provide adequate opening is REAR TJ flares!
but until i do that...
i trimmed my fenders (both front & rear) just about 1/2" below the orignal top of flare line then folded it under & leaned it back w/ a bfh & block of 2x4 then shot black, 3/4" drywall screws threw the top & outside edge of the flares (near where the flare meets the fender) to hold em on in just about the original location minus the crappy 97+ flimsy metal flare clip thingys & also w/ the inner portion of the flares trimmed out leaving only the exterior shell **just remember to clip of the sharp points of the screws, to avoid rapid tire deflation** w/ the trimming and slightly higher location this allows for 35s to stuff fairly well w/ minimal rubbing @ 6" lift
plus i kinda like my flares being that they are the glossy black ones of the Classic* trim package (except for the scratches;) )

steagall9301 said:
nice, i like it , what lift did you start with?????

It's a procomp 3.5

I have to agree with the guy that said they look like a big baha truck's wheel well.

and it all seems a little excessive just to squeeze some 33s in there (at least to me it does)

but the sleepy lil hot rod look in the back is sortof neat

Back