• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event planning

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The planning team might read up on the Winterfest thread here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1110273

These guys put on a good event and they have some things in here that will help make the Crawl a better event. This thread will also tell you what the MWC guys (who make up a substantial portion of the Crawl participants) expect from an event.

The Crawl isn't Winterfest and will always be unique in it's own ways, but there are some cool ideas in this thread.

But don't read too much into some of the crap in that thread, because some of the biggest complainers weren't even there for the entire event.

mac 'not as good of a thread as its been in the past' gyvr

I liked several ideas that were there.

Tech and registration at the main Badlands office (try to do something similar at Harlan - maybe at a large parking lot up the hill)
Raffle ticket tumbler
Flags to line up ride lines
$5 tickets vs $1 raffle tickets
Dinner at an enclosed facility (we are doing this)

Tim and I talked about the registration a bit. Since we have the big cabin next to the office it should be a pretty natural stop to get your trail pass, cabin/site, and registration all at once. A banner to hang would help with this.

We could use flags for line up. I think our issue with line up is space though. Trying to get lines going without blocking the drive or campsites is the biggest headache. Maybe a map at registration that shows where to line up, and of course trail leaders being on time and at the front of said line. One line on each side of the pull through for the tow rigs, maybe one on the main drive in front of the office, one in front of the tow rigs?

The cost of the raffle tickets should depend on the quantity and price of the items. Lesser big items I could see going for $5 but when you know it's a bunch of the little stuff, is a $5 ticket that enticing?

I got ya ED, i wasn't thinking about the good, just what people were bitching about.

I don't want to speak for the mwc bod but if you guys would like to borrow our flag stands or tumbler, it could possibly be arranged since several of us are coming.

I like the $5 raffle tickets, same odds, less tickets. We shouldn't be afraid to take $100 from someone for the raffle either. We had one guy plunk down $300 at winterfest.

mac 'my 2 cents' gyvr

Trust me Mac, Mark and I payed a lot of attention to how smoothly things went and noticed the little things.

The awards were really cool too with a neat MWC graphic I'd say we could come up with something similar. Actually I'm going to get Travis (dude Mark and I work with) to see if he can cook up something cool.

Please don't think I'm telling anyone how to do it. I was just trying to come up with ideas.

Back