• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

event in hannibal this weekend?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
was on my way to hannibal today and got passed by a ford dually pulling a buggy,and saw several built jeeps and other rigs driving around hannibal that i don't normally see. is there an event going on at hannibal rocks this weekend? I don't have time to go:( was just wondering

Yup the second event of the Rrock series was this weekend. The XRRA Eastern series is running there next weekend:shocked: That is going to be nuts!!!!!

Please educate this Midwest neebie on this place called Hannibal. I just keep thinking of Hannibal Lector when I here "Hannibal!" :roflmao:

:eyes: I'm looking for some Midwest wheeling wherever that might take me! :farmer: :eyes:

I know NorCal wheeling very well (Rubicon/Fordyce) and have my wheeler setup well for Rock Crawling, not as well yet for mud.....gearing wise at least, I do have the axles (HP44/35 spline 9") & lockers f/r. :wave1:

Troy

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Randy. I read on the Rockport 4x4 park that they are now going to call it Hannibal Rocks. I mapquested Rockport, IL and Hannibal, MO and they are about 20 miles or so apart. Do you know what the scoop is on this?

I'm planning to go to the 4x4 Blast 8/9-11/07 put on by the 2 Rivers Jeep club. How many other NAXJA people going??? :eyes:

http://www.trjc.com/Events/4x4Blast/index.htm

Troy

I think they closed the rockport park and moved operations to Hannibal, they are owned by the same people.

Yup, Tom and Debbie closed Rockport and are running Hannibal rocks as more of a comp park. They do have trails but the majority of the 75acres is a rock quarry. They have some great rock crawling if that's your game!

Would you guys say that we lost alot of 4 wheeling trails by this move to Hannibal from Rockport?

The 2 Rivers Club is throwing the 4x4 blast in early August, but this is in neighboring Pittsfield, IL about 15 miles from Rockport, IL. The distance between Hannibal, MO & Rockport, IL is 29 miles. All of these places are within the same area along the Mississippi river. Please educate this Midwest wheeling neebie! :confused1

Troy

Back