• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay bumpers

Okie Terry said:
rock rash is an idiot.....
But he does have good taste in women......
:laugh: yous a funnay man

I have a JCR on my XJ with the tie in brackets. Ive used the recovery points a few times and all is well. Its a nice unit. Not just a straight rectangular tube. It is angled a bit on both ends with a plate on top to cover the gap. I love it.

the 4th one is a nates4x4 i do not know nate personally or bought from him but he posts on michiganjeepers.com and has a nice reputation. I think thats his basic bumper and he allows you to option it up more with beefier mounts if thats your thing. I dont know my way around his site to find it but email him and if that the one you like he can make it with bigger mounts.

the third one is a JCR bumper also fellow michigan boys. I hear LOTS of great stuff about the guys at JCR i dont think you can gow wrong with them. Very fair prices.

i have the fourth one from nates, took about 20 days to get it, but its very nice quality, the tabs for the Drings, are welded THROUGH the bumper. Nice looking welds, and also good tie in brackets. Last weekend i got stuck the driver side in a puddle. My jeep has 4 inches of lift and 31s on, the puddle was so deep water started coming in inside. My friend in a Pathfinder on 33s tied a strap to my recovery points on the bumper, when he was trying to yank me out(with me flooring in 4x) his pathfinder simply bounced back and my xj did not move an inch. Checked the bumper later, it did not move, bent or anything. And i think Nate is a great guy to deal with. my bumper came in "bare" but i think he sprayed it with something so it wouldnt rust and stuff. Sprayed few layers of etching primer, and some semi glos paint, and its amazing. Fits tight too to the body.

I Have Ther First One And We Made Tryin Plates That Go Down The Side About 10-12 Inches And Try Into The Unboby And Worked Well On A Few Recouses Don't Know If I'll Trust The D-rings But Have The Hitch In The Center With A Hook Does Good

dodgetk81 said:
I have a JCR on my XJ with the tie in brackets. Ive used the recovery points a few times and all is well. Its a nice unit. Not just a straight rectangular tube. It is angled a bit on both ends with a plate on top to cover the gap. I love it.

As do I. i love it also. Worth the money, but you gotta get the tie in brackets. Id say go for the JCR one for sure.

i dig the color on this one:
f9_1_b.JPG

i would paint it that color....

theschwarz1 said:
im really liking the fouorth one....whats wrong with the first one (besides no tie in brackets...)?
All those will be fine as long as you're just using them as an OEM replacement bumper. ie, an ornamental piece of trim that will absorb a bump.
If, however, you use the bumper for recovery purposes then the mounting is the most important part. The forth one doesn't show the mounting system so I can't tell. The first two do show them and they're both terrible.
Listen to Okie T, go with the 3rd one unless you just want a show piece.

Last edited:
xj87 said:
I Have Ther First One And We Made Tryin Plates That Go Down The Side About 10-12 Inches And Try Into The Unboby And Worked Well On A Few Recouses Don't Know If I'll Trust The D-rings But Have The Hitch In The Center With A Hook Does Good

:huh:

where am I?

What about Nate's rear bumper with tire carrier? anyone try that yet or hear anything? I think I might get it.

I like both JCR and Nates.
The problem with Nates is determining how much it is.
By the time I think I figured out how much the one in the picture costs (with the brush guard and wrap around ends) I think it will be cheaper to buy anything else.
His pricing system is confusing.
Or I'm a moron......
Timbo

for the 2-300 dollars you'll be spending on getting those bumpers shipped to you you can get a cheapie flux core welder, an angle grinder w/disks, and enough steel to make any one of those types of bumpers exactly the way you want it. It's not hard to chop out plate and put a few bends in box tubing. Just time consuming.

theschwarz1 said:
yeah id like the third one of it included a brush guard leaning out a little....I asked him through e-mail.....thanks ecksjay

ROFL, how'd I miss this thread?

I was laughing my rear off when I read this. :D

Back