• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DuPont Paint Shop System

superdave

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody used this stuff? Pre-mixed lacquer paint, pretty inexpensive. I know lacquer isn't very durable for an off-road vehicle, but it is easy to spray and when clear coated and buffed out is extremely glossy.

I've used it. I paint for a living and it really isn't a bad product. I wouldn't use it for a nice show car or anything but for an offroad rig it would be fine. Plus its pre mixed so touch ups and repaints are very easy

I've used it. I paint for a living and it really isn't a bad product. I wouldn't use it for a nice show car or anything but for an offroad rig it would be fine. Plus its pre mixed so touch ups and repaints are very easy
I was wondering if it would be possible to mix up something close to Colorado Red using their available colors.

you might be able to. it would take some time. they have quite a few colors now but you would have to but a lot of paint to mix it all up. if you want a specific color i would find somewhere that sells pre mixed colors.

Our professional auto paint supplier will custom mix colors and put them in the spray can for you.

I dunno why people think it's so hard to get the correct urethane auto paint. If you're going to put it in a gun, honestly, use urethane. ANYTHING laquer based is going to fade, look like chit, and strip right off with acid/gas/brake cleaner/brake fluid/oil/coolant/all the other things that are constantly surrounding my jeep. If it needs to be in a spraybomb, I can understand. But this system comes in quart containers. I just don't get it. Enamel is 1970's technology.

Back