• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dumb flag questions

riverfever said:
Man....it's hard to do things WRONG when you go fishing. We could arrange some time on the water for sure. :cheers:

If you say so. I haven't been able to catch so much as a cold when fishing since I was about eight years old... Gotta be something I'm doing tho - other people I've gone with have had no trouble!

5-90

Last edited:
I got bit by about 100 misquitos back in 2002 when I was fishing in Louisana. Thank goodness I didn't get that West Nile crap that showed up shortly after!

Haven't fished since :)

Do you use a fly rod? For me there's nothing better than that and moving water but I know others find it frustrating. The next time someone comes out this way to fish I'd probably be more interested in getting them on fish in a way THEY are comfortable with (conventional tackle or not). It could absolutely be done though 5-90. With nice fish too.

Blaine B. said:
I got bit by about 100 misquitos back in 2002 when I was fishing in Louisana. Thank goodness I didn't get that West Nile crap that showed up shortly after!

Haven't fished since :)

I think I remember what those are. :D

riverfever said:
Do you use a fly rod? For me there's nothing better than that and moving water but I know others find it frustrating. The next time someone comes out this way to fish I'd probably be more interested in getting them on fish in a way THEY are comfortable with (conventional tackle or not). It could absolutely be done though 5-90. With nice fish too.

It's been long enough now that I just don't recall. I'd probably use a DuPont lure before I used anything else now (or whoever happened to make that stick of dynamite...) Hell, I'd probably have an easier time grabbing them with my hands than catching them with a line and hook - but I've not tried that, either.

Come to think on it, I don't think I've even owned a fishing rod in a good dozen years or so!

5-90

Well when you're ready...we can get you straight.

Oh, I wasn't knockin' the spelling at all. Just that I hadn't had to deal with those pesky things in a while now.

Hoboken Hobo said:
no, I am not worried about it. I was just in a foul mood yestersday evening.

I hear ya'. I'm always in a good mood, until about 10 minutes after I've picked up both boys. One of them and I'm still in a good mood. Put the two of them together and right about 10 minutes later I'm boilin' over.

Back