• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dropped a Knife On My Foot - Ouch!!

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
I dropped a Leatherman's knife on my about two hours ago.. OUCH!!

The puncture wound is about 3/8" long and anywhere from about 1/4' to about 1/2" deep. It's cool.. I can see fatty stuff and other weird things in there.. It's right in between the big toe and the next one..

I called my insurance's hotline and they said to have it looked at today since it's more than 1/4" deep.. Infections and stuff.. But, I can't seem to get a Dr. to see me today.. And I couldn't only imagine what urgent would cost.. $$$.

Plus, I have a big test at 4pm.. DOH!!! So.... :dunno:

Oh well..

E

:rof::laugh:

Thanks Guys.. LOL...

I tried to take a shower.. and it just a drop of water got in it.. it hurt like a mother f....r

Lemon, Salt.. hmmmm CORONA....

E

You can always do like Rambo and pull the fishing line out your buck knife a sew it up yourself ......

Be a man..

Cauterize that bad boy with a propane torch

ruggedjeep said:
thats a terrible place to get a cut. Id get it looked at ASAP. You have insurance? just go to the ER. Or pour some cheap tequilla on it :D

I do have insurance.. But, it's not really an emergency. More of an semi-urgency. I think cheap tequilla just might give me an infection.. I better go with the higher-end Patron tequilla. :D

CDS, at first, I thought you were talking about Rambo from here.. LOL.. I was like... "man that guy is something else...." LOL...

So..... ?????? Maybe I'll have a few drinks when I get home tonight. Not for the pain... just because... :D

E

cds36 said:
HaHa Ill pour some of my 40oz out for you ... lol

LOL.. Thanks Craig....

So far, I think I'll have HillBilly weld it shut and build and exo-cage for it.. :confused1

This is hilarious!! I new I would get some comic relief from you guys...

I better head out.... I have a few errands..

Well, if they have to amputate my foot because I didn't get it look at by a "REAL" doctor... You guys will be the first to know... :shhh:

E

I can sew it up for you E ive sewn myself up more times than i can count. at the very least fill it with antibiotic ointment and put some butterfly bandages on it to keep it shut. you dont want it hanging open. keep off your foot, the pressure of your weight will push blood and the fat cells towards the cut and do more damage to the nerves and the under layers of your skin making it take longer to heal. if its deeper than 1/8" you really need to have it sewn up or it will keep breaking open, no matter what you do.

good luck man, sounds painfull

cds36 said:
You can always do like Rambo and pull the fishing line out your buck knife a sew it up yourself ......

Rambo would coterize a deep wound like this with gun powder....just got done watching all three origional rambos last weekend.

LMAO...some wonderful suggestions! :)

Seriously, clean it out ASAP. Don't wait til tomorrow.

Also, I pay cash at Urgent Cares, and it's usually about 85 bucks to be seen. With your cut, no more than 150 bucks. Just for what it's worth. Lots of bacteria in shoes and on feet, careful of infection!

I would have paid money to see the look on your face when you dropped it and realized it was heading for your foot...LOL!

Ha Ha its like in slow motion when you drop it. I did the same a while back ago, but i listened to my mommy and daddy and was wearing my shoes.

Ouch. I know the feeling.

I used to be a bartender and a fight broke out one night. Quickest way to get there was to jump over the bar. When I jumped down, I landed on the bottom half of a broken beer mug. Went right through my shoe and cut the bootom of my foot between the first and second toes.

I took off my shoe thinking it was just a nick. Blood gushed everywhere. Went to the ER and got stitched up. The worst part was the nurse sticking a needle in my foot to numb it.

But I digress. What were we talking about?

This thread is worthless without pics :D

Back