• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dinner

We have a nice Carne Asada dinner planned.
:patriot:
Dammit, you just started me drooling again, and I've been trying sooo hard to quit!

Looking forward to it!
Carol

Somebody get me a drool pan, please...

Bonnie and I are working on finalizing the menu now.
The plan is for all you can eat (well, as long as Ken and Johnny are kept in check!) Carne Asada tacos, chips and salsa.
We can add most anything else for a side dish (or two)
Any suggestions?

We were thinkin' Rice and Beans as the sides, but maybe a little less beans then we had last year.

I think that was 3 years ago, I didn't do beans the last two years....but I do remember having to dump a whole bunch out at the end of the night one time.

This time we will have some refried beans. Probably three large cans worth (enough for 73 four ounce servings.)

As far as Carne goes, we are planning on feeding 80 people.
Would 50 or 75lbs of meat do the trick?
We plan on bringing 480 tortillas (very small 5" shells, six shells per person.)
Normally you use two shells for a single taco. That works out to three tacos per person (six shells.)

Running out of food is not an option. Extra food can always be sent home...

That sounds delicious and thanks for cooking. Do we pitch money or something? That is Saturday night?

75lb of meat for 80 people... guess you plan on everyone eatting like me!

That sounds delicious and thanks for cooking. Do we pitch money or something? That is Saturday night?

75lb of meat for 80 people... guess you plan on everyone eatting like me!

There will be meal tickets available (I don't know what the BOD wants to charge right now though.)
We don't want too much extra food left over, but we sure don't want to run out! Normally 1/2lb of meat per person is enough, but we just want to make sure there is enough.
Its getting closer and its time to finalize the food order.

This time we will have some refried beans. Probably three large cans worth (enough for 73 four ounce servings.)

As far as Carne goes, we are planning on feeding 80 people.
Would 50 or 75lbs of meat do the trick?
We plan on bringing 480 tortillas (very small 5" shells, six shells per person.)
Normally you use two shells for a single taco. That works out to three tacos per person (six shells.)

Running out of food is not an option. Extra food can always be sent home...

Only 80 people???

Last years count was over a hundred. Economy??

I'm going by what the SoCal BOD are saying.
I really have no idea on how many people are going to show.
Would you suggest 75lbs of Carne?

Yeah, i would go on the high side. Last year we had 3 burgers left over from 180, and had about 20-30 hotdogs left from 80ish.

But also, I was looking at the number of people responding, and it does seem to be a little less than in the past....maybe we can have trail runs with less than 20 jeeps this year?

Yeah, i would go on the high side. Last year we had 3 burgers left over from 180, and had about 20-30 hotdogs left from 80ish.

But also, I was looking at the number of people responding, and it does seem to be a little less than in the past....maybe we can have trail runs with less than 20 jeeps this year?

I'll make a final decision (after bouncing it off the SoCal BOD) a few days before the fest. I agree with you that its much better to end up with extra than to run short.
About the 20 rigs per trail.......that IS what the fest is about!
:D

Back