• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

...Devil's Playground 12/8... WHO would like to go

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
ALL YOU PEOPLE WANTING MORE RIDES.... HERE IT IS...

I know I already have a post about Uwharrie 12/8

But here's the deal.. Uwharrie is an absolute dust bowl and fun for trail riding but not overly challenging and I just went last weekend...

Anyways, I have been given permission to have a small meet/greet at the Devils Playground in/around Lexington, NC (about 30mins North of Uwharrie).

I would like to know who would like to come out and ride. It has several fun obsticles/climbs/rocks, etc. It's not necessarily geared towards trail riding, it's a playground. Best part is it's very open and everyone can watch each other.

There will be a few buggies out there in the morning so it's always a nice treat to see some of the guys w/ LS1's etc. beating on their junk...

I beleive all jeeps will have fun no matter what size etc.

This will only happen if there is a decent number of rigs attending so please post up here if you would like to go. Spectators are welcome.. bring your wife/gf/kids, etc.

After a list is generated I'll send directions to those attending...

Here's a few pictures from DPG:

DPG015.jpg

DPG019.jpg

Mine ON 285's locked....
DPG034.jpg

The ever popular RTI ramp... brake line limited flex so please dont laugh...
pic010-1.jpg

pic016.jpg

DPG008.jpg

POST UP... it's not very often you get invited to a private playground for FREE! and if there's no participation i'll be awhile before it happens again...

Wheel for awhile.. then head to Uwharrie... if you want...

I'd be interested in going for the day. When you say all size jeeps can play and have fun, are you sure you aren't being biased? I'm open open on 31s, and I don't want to drive 90 miles to just sit and watch...

where exactly in lexington is it?

cant make it on sat but sun i think there are some guys planning to go to ure at least that is what chris said. is there anyway the sat trip could carry over to sunday id like to go there ive heard its pretty good

NCCherokee said:
I'd be interested in going for the day. When you say all size jeeps can play and have fun, are you sure you aren't being biased? I'm open open on 31s, and I don't want to drive 90 miles to just sit and watch...

where exactly in lexington is it?

it's about 5 miles from the NC109/US 64 intersection. Use zip 27292 for mapquest...

As for having fun.. Yeah you can try everything out there.. body damage really isnt an issue (rocker damage is) but, it's just will you be able to get up it? I really dont know.. smoke the tires and see what happens...

Also, I'm a little different I dont mind watching.. I think it's fun to watch people beat on their stuff.

I believe there is (1) long trail around the whole property that has a few steep hill climbs that you would enjoy. You could also play around on the rocks and hang out w/ fellow jeepers but it's up to you...

Now if you want to go trail riding I'd go to Uwharrie...

ALSO JUST A NOTE: Some trails are closed as of today at Uwharrie due to Fires...

Just to clarify..

I've been there when stockers were there and they had fun... Basically it's as fun and as hard as you make it..

If you looking for long, dusty, bouncy, 2wd trail rides go to Uwharrie..

If you want to hang out in a smaller open area, wheel different lines and see what you can make, watch others, break parts, flop, flip, etc. (j/k but possible.. just ask JohnnyJpr)... come to DPG

uncc civilengineer said:
Just to clarify..

I've been there when stockers were there and they had fun... Basically it's as fun and as hard as you make it..

If you looking for long, dusty, bouncy, 2wd trail rides go to Uwharrie..

If you want to hang out in a smaller open area, wheel different lines and see what you can make, watch others, break parts, flop, flip, etc. (j/k but possible.. just ask JohnnyJpr)... come to DPG

Oh I don't mind watching others, i get a kick out of it. I just want to make sure I can get something out of it. I haven't been able to wheel in about a 9 months because of school (graduated last may, now in med school), and if I'm going to make a rare trip before a final, its gotta be worth it is all. Looks like it'd be a good time though. Keep this updated with people interested in attending.

kenny

I can make it I'm an hour away.

What time?

and is it definite I don't want to show up univited, as the Mud Devils have always been great hosts.

scrape said:
I can make it I'm an hour away.

What time?

and is it definite I don't want to show up univited, as the Mud Devils have always been great hosts.

Yes the Mud Devils are great guys... Greg and Jim will be there... Jim's testing his new buggy on 47" LTBs, and Greg's wheeling his buggy...

I will be there around 9:30AM..

Start of a list:
Uncc Civil
Scrape

Probably:
NCCherokee

Some other guys on ROF will probably join in as well.

NCCherokee.. I would much rather go to DPG than Uwharrie... for none other reason than the dust alone.. I think you'll enjoy it.. but dont hate me if you dont..

I will PM the people on the LIST the address tomorrow evening.... or friday...

Thanks,
Chris

UNCC, don't worry, I wont hate you. Either way, I have to show my apartment to a renter on saturday, so I won't be able to make it. Hope you guyes have a great time.

kenny

I'm in. Throwin some coils and shit on tommorow so I may actually play.

BIGWOODY said:
If beer doesn't get the best of me Friday night..I'll see yall around 10 or so.

I hear ya... you know you want to see what Jim's buggy will do...

ZAC, come on man you'll have some fun...

For those that don't know, BigWoody (Greg) is the fellow that's letting us ride Saturday..

I'll PM the directions tonight.. And I just swapped in a YJ steering box since my other box was headed out. So I should be good to go...

LIST:

UNCC
ZAC
SCRAPE
BIGWOODY (depending on how bad his head hurts)

Those that want to attend... I'll be there around 9-930. PM me and i'll give you my cell number if you need help finding the place..

Here's a link to the road where it's at... It's about 1/2 mile past Old US64 down Ross Wood Road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1440+Ross+Wood+Rd+Silver+Valley,+NC&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A

It's just past Loftin Hill Road and will be on your RIGHT.. there is a large dirt pile in the field and somewhat of a motorcycle track. My trailer will be there.. just pull into the field (there's a gravel driveway).. We'll be somewhere around there...

Chris

Hopefully some of you will attend...

EDIT: the map's close but it's actually past US64 not before it like the map shows... just head past OLD US64 (old service station at the intersection) and it'll be just past Loftlin Road on your right (maybe 1/2 mile)

TIME CHANGE:

I'll be there @ 10:30 after it warms up a bit... I need to finish a small project for my wife before I head out there...

ALSO, the buggies will be there around lunch and probably will head to another place for those that want to try something else in the afternoon.....

Chris

Sweet... you do know you've all of a sudden gone black right? Membership expired?

CANCELED

Due to lack of praticipation i'm going to head to Uwharrie on Sunday w/ a group... Sorry but (3) jeeps just isn't enough..

SCRAPE and ZAC.. I am sorry... if you guys want to meet up at Uwharrie on Sunday let me know...

Also, we'll be doing a ride soon around here.. DPG or Barnards Mill, etc.. and i'll get you an Invite in advance..

As for the rest of the WEBWHEELERS... it's just sad... :confused1 I bet if we had a jeep/truck show at Sonic or something it'd be packed out...

I WILL BE THERE SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

Back