• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley open?

Rob D

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Has anybody heard what the latest status is for Deer Valley? I read something earlier this year that it may be opened up this summer. Has there been any updates or changes that anyone knows about?

Last year there was zero signage on the Hermit Valley end and I ran it up to the lookout, where it was closed off a couple of years ago. But there was no signs posted up there either. I still played it safe and just went back down anyway.

Anyway, I'll be up at the Lake Alpine Resort this Thursday, the 28th, thru the weekend. If anyone is up that way stop and say hi. Just look for the white XJ with tube fenders.

Just got back from Alpine area. Didn't run SR since I was primarily up there for a family thing. I did go over to DV and ran it just up to the first rock garden. And according to the owner at the Alpine Resort, he says he thought he had heard that DV is now open all the way through again. At the trailhead in Hermit Valley the only sign says "Keep our trails green." So maybe it is open again.
There where a lot of Sheriffs up there, but didn't want to bother any of them with questions about trails, since they were busy looking for a missing lady. She has Alzheimer's and may have wandered off on Friday morning or afternoon, not sure which. When I left at around 11 am this morning, Sunday, they were still looking. I saw what looked to be a National Guard helo down in Bear Valley and also a Sheriff's dept. dive team at the lake. Very sad, but hopefully they find her safe since it hasn't gotten too cold up there. Even at night the temps only dropped to the mid 60's, so, maybe...Hope and pray for the best.

yeah DV was supposed to officially open again end of July

Thanks for the update!

How about a DV and SR weekend in the fall? I would love to do the full DV this year after I get the rig up and running again after the Con trip last month.

Does this sound interesting to anyone?

Well I want to keep a eye on it. It might open this year and I feel it would be a good September run.
First SF.

Back