• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley 4th of July weekend

zachandandy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
1 more week, and I can't wait. Whole family heading up Thursday after work. Staying at hermit valley Thursday night and running deer valley Friday. Snotel shows 33" left at blue lakes, down from 51" last week. Should be in the 12" range by the 1st. Taking my xj, the wifes wj, mother-in-laws jk, and brother-in-laws waggy. Should be a great trip, if conditions are too bad, we may end up at Barney-Riley. Does anybody know if strawberry pass is open? If DV goes smoothly, we would like to run strawberry before turning around.

we were thinking about running DV and SR that weekend too with two rigs...

i heard slickrock is opening July 2, does anyone know if deer valley is officially opened by saturday?

I am planning to camp at Blue Lakes so maybe I'll meet you guys on the trail if either of us can get through.

This may be the longest work day ever. Will be heading up in 9 hrs. Should be at hermit valley between 8 and 9 pm tonight. Cannot wait to get the jeep out in the woods where it belongs.

Talked to road plow's for the area & word I got was that they plowed to the campground at Hermit Valley only. Whatever that means. Post what & if you can about clearing if you know, like to bring my rig in but it's a camper on my Duramax, Jeep on flatbed.

Our Club adopted trail is Slickrock. Here is the latest information:
We had a report from a member of 4x4 In Motion that they had heard that our trail was closed until July15th. I called the Calavaras RD, to confirm, he was right. due to the current snow levels they have closed some areas and trails. I told them that the Joaquin Jeepers had planned a work day on the trail Saturday July 2nd from the Alpine side. They said since we will be working to open the trail we can go ahead and still open the trail. They are aware that others have already tried to get in and hopefully they haven't torn it up too much. So get your stuff together and see you there Saturday morning. Also- They have plowed into Union and Utica Reservoirs. But I don't think anyone will be camping at the bridge since it is flowing about 2 feet over the top of our bridge right now. yikes....
10:28am Jun 30

Gentlemen, be warned about 'Spring snow' and High water levels.
If you think you can, please think twice about it.
At least take pictures so we can all enjoy it.
Enjoy the Fourth...

If a trail has no gates, how can you tell when it's open? We camped at hermit valley last night and it's 99% clear. Deer valley is clear up to just before the rock garden. At that point there is probably 3' of snow. We turned back at that point and will probably just head up to Barney Riley tomorrow.

If a trail has no gates, how can you tell when it's open? We camped at hermit valley last night and it's 99% clear. Deer valley is clear up to just before the rock garden. At that point there is probably 3' of snow. We turned back at that point and will probably just head up to Barney Riley tomorrow.

Hi Guys, I'm running Barney Riley this morning. Join me or say hi anyway. cell 775-220-2017, Red TJ yellow flames. Thom

Our Club adopted trail is Slickrock. Here is the latest information:
We had a report from a member of 4x4 In Motion that they had heard that our trail was closed until July15th. I called the Calavaras RD, to confirm, he was right. due to the current snow levels they have closed some areas and trails. I told them that the Joaquin Jeepers had planned a work day on the trail Saturday July 2nd from the Alpine side. They said since we will be working to open the trail we can go ahead and still open the trail. They are aware that others have already tried to get in and hopefully they haven't torn it up too much. So get your stuff together and see you there Saturday morning. Also- They have plowed into Union and Utica Reservoirs. But I don't think anyone will be camping at the bridge since it is flowing about 2 feet over the top of our bridge right now. yikes....
10:28am Jun 30

Gentlemen, be warned about 'Spring snow' and High water levels.
If you think you can, please think twice about it.
At least take pictures so we can all enjoy it.
Enjoy the Fourth...

So any pics and reports of the trail conditions from the work day???

Back