• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana44, 9 inch, assorted parts

Classicfury3

NAXJA Forum User
Ford 9" rear from 78 Bronco with detroit locker and 4.56 gears, 0 miles! no brakes. $450 (locker, gears and install kit was $600 new)
P1010262.jpg

P1010261.jpg

Ford HP dana 44 detroit w/ 4.56 gears, 0 miles, installed in cast housing from 78 bronco $500 (locker gears and install kit was $700 new)
P1010371.jpg

Ford 9" stock from 75 f100, 3.55 gears, open carrier $150
P1010370.jpg

Ford HP dana 44 housing with stock 3.55 gears and carrier, stock shafts, all mounts removed... $100
P1010258.jpg

1.5" lift u-bolt eliminators from Treks offroad (TnT Customs) $100
P1010230.jpg

TMR 1/8" steel front unibody stiffeners.. this pic is from their website, they are still in original packaging $100
IMG_0487.jpg

1" lift boomerang shackles for XJ $80
P1010231.jpg

I also have a complete highsteer setup for the dana 44, i paid $1200 for the whole setup, if interested in parts or everything let me know...
P1010240.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much for the knuckles, hi steer arms, ball joints, spindles, calipers and brackets?

The spindles are GM small bearing I assume? New or used?

Thanks.:wave1:

HarshTerrain High Steering setup. Chevy flattop knuckles, used, media blasted, machined and tapped, Brand new ball joints installed. Chevy small bearing spindles, lightly used in good condition. Chevy disc brake brackets, remanufactured calipers with Brand new brake pads. Harsh Terrain Highsteer arms, 4 one ton tie rod ends. Also, brand new Ford Hub and rotors, 5 on 5.5 pattern. Would like $950 for all. All you need are hubs and wheel bearings and knuckles out are complete!

If you dont want the ford hubs and rotors, its $850...

Last edited:
Don't need the tie rod ends. I already have hubs, rotors, bearings.

Are the spindles original 72-77 Chevy, or are they newer replacements, as in not 35 odd years old.

Possibly don't need the ball joints either, Ballistic Fab is soon to come out with a super duper rebuildable set, just don't know when they will be released.

Do the Harsh Terrain arms have any bevel to account for caster, or are they flat? I can't quite tell in the pic.

The calipers and pads I will likely be able to pick up local for the same as shipping.

Thanks.

The HP44 from the 78 Bronco with 4.88's. I can't tell nor knowledge, but is that a driver side pinion setup? Who did the gear install?

Where in NC are you?

That's actually exactly what I'm looking for.

i believe the arms have 10 degree bevel, ball joint are alredy installed so they are along for the ride... I honestly have no idea on the spindles, but here is a closer pic
P1010336.jpg

yes, its a driver side drop. Gears were set up by a mechanic friend of mine, you can still pull the cover and see the gear pattern if you want, like i said they have never been run... i am in New Bern, NC 28562

UPDATE

My memory failed me, I pulled the cover on the 44 and they were built with 4.56 gears, not 4.88 as stated in the original post.

So, both the 9 inch with the detroit and the hp44 with the detroit have 4.56 gears!

If a mod could change my first post with this info that would be great!

PM sent on boomerang shackles

U bolt eleminators, shackles, and stock 9 inch sold...

Someone wants full widths with detroits and 4.56's! They are brand new, you cant buy them for what I am asking..... bumpity bump...

Back