• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d&c extreme rolcage help pleas

big cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
hey im having problems getting my cage in the instructions on the net are pretty good but leave some to be thought about. first off where the front legs go to the floor how do you get the plates to sit right on the floor with the legs right up against the door sells. also how far is the dash bar suppost to be from the dash i really want everything snug to the dash but when i do this the front legs fit horrible at the floor i need to resolve this soon

PLEASE HELP

thanks
ryan

if you can't reach Damian, you might talk to Fatwreck (brian) from the board here. His cage was the original D&C setup that all of the others are based on. also, he helped Damian with the install at the shop.

brian's spent a little time refining it and knows the setup pretty well.

formatt said:
if you can't reach Damian, you might talk to Fatwreck (brian) from the board here. His cage was the original D&C setup that all of the others are based on. also, he helped Damian with the install at the shop.

brian's spent a little time refining it and knows the setup pretty well.
Realy?!?!?! His was the first ?!?!?! :rolleyes: Anyway the thing you want to watch is your light switch should just clear the A pillar ,it sounds like you have it too far out towards the door,bring it in alittle
Led

What year Cherokee, and which kit did you get. It makes a big difference, Mines a 98 or late model cage I installed mine with Damian, it was the first late model cage built, There alot different than the earlyy ones. The late models don't interfer with the light switch, or glove box. They mount as far up as posible but leave at least 1/2" gap so you don't get squeaking noises from body twist.
Let me know if you have any other questions
John

If you cant get ahold of Damien, PM me and I will call some of the guys that used to work there for you. Harlen and Bill will for sure know how to help. Good Luck!

okieterry also installed one iirc. in an older model.

I don't think my case would apply, as I think they sent me the cage for a full interior. I had to add 1" to the bottoms of all the legs and it still could have used more. I also didn't recieve foot plates. This made it not fit quite right. No big deal, but I had to cut off half of the knob on the head light switch and trim my padding around it. I don't mind though, because it is, afterall, a pre-fabbed cage, each individual's Jeep may vary slightly.

If I had it to do over, I'da built my own, but as it is, I'll just add on. It is, afterall, a good base for a great cage.

My advice would be to just make it work for your Jeep. They were designed to fit in a geneal manner. You will need to make it fit your XJ and your tastes.

Good luck.

Back