• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom control arm drop brackets

On my set up, I raised the LCA attachments so that the bottom of the arms are even with the bottom of the axle tube. Then I lowered the frame attachment of the UCAs to get the better geometry back to emilinate the crazy brake dive I had before re-doing the uppers. The angles of the CAs are real close to what a long arm kit would afford, without the loss of ground clearance. The ride is much better on and off road, and I'm not getting hung up on the arms any more either. I still have plenty of articulation. Once the coils are unseated, the only traction you're getting is from unsprung weight on that dropped out tire, which isn't much anyway.

Dan

Thanks to Paul S. for the e-mail with pics and a write-up. I'm gonna ditch the TNT Long arm setup for his. Back to my original thoughts anyway. I'm only gonna be running about 5" and his setup seems to be ideal for me. Thanks again Paul.

BTW, do you have any pics of how you remounted the upper arms on the body?

[email protected]

Never mind, I just checked my e-mail. Thanks so much guys (Dan and Paul). I've got ya'll on my e-mail now and I'll let ya'll know if I have any q's.

I'll post some pics when I get it all done.

Wil Badger said:
you know i have seen this kit and the guy did a good job but ...i don't think he thought it thru all the way .you can see it binding at the upper joint under a hard flex .the upper part of the arm should be able to rotate .the bushing is only going to get torn up in time

DSCN5642.jpg

I just noticed that the drivers side upper torque looks very close to the driveshaft. At least from this angle it looks close enough to hit.

-Mike

Back