• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crooked Lift??

My lift also does this RE3.5SuperFlex kit...inch lower on drivers front Just had it installed about 3 weeks ago. Full flex about 3 or 4 times off road and all ive noticed is the rear sag about .75"

MY RE 3.5 sitts lower by about an inch or even more on the driver side, it is starting to piss me off because it looks crooked wherever i park.

Pietro said:
you should really torque all of suspension fasteners when the weight of the vehicle is on the ground

on a seperate note: my friend who has a really tall and soft lift had a spool in the back (which he put up with for about a week) said that when he parked in a spot which required pulling in at an angle, the jeep would sit completely crooked unless he drove it forward and backwards a few times, i guess the suspension would bind up because of the spool, i imagine a locker could do the same

That is so true, I have a full spool in the rear and a really soft suspension. You're right, just what you said.

Another RE Superflex 3.5" that sits an inch higher on the passenger side. I don't give a rat's, though. My jeep looks like crap anyway, but it performs fine, so I don't mind.

Sounds like I must be the lucky one. My RE 4.5" kit sits nice and straight.

Robert

I have the RE 3.5" SuperRide kit sitting in my garage right now, with replacement spring packs (no add-a-leafs). It is going on next weekend so I'm wondering if I might encounter any crookedness?

Thanks,
Kristy

My 98 XJ leans about 1/4-1/2" on the pass. side (procomp 3", 3/4" spacers up front, rusty's 3.5"full length aal's, tomken 1 1/4" shackles,)

my friend's 94 leans about the same on the driver side(rough country 3" 3/4" spacers, 2"blocks in rear)

and my friend's 04 rubicon (procomp 4")
leans to the pass side also.

None of us are too concerned

I just installed the OME 2.5" kit, and I'm noticing that mine is sitting about 1/2" to 3/4" lower on the driver's side. My spare tire is on that side, but I wouldn't think that would be enough to cause that big of a discrepancy.

I'm going to take the tire out and see what happens, but it bugs the crap out of me.

I made sure when I installed it that the distance from the front leaf spring bolt to the lower shackle bolt was exactly the same, and the springs are seated nicely in the axle seats, so I don't exactly know how this can happen.

Any other reasons why this could be happening? There is even a 3/4" difference in the front. I know the springs are seated correctly, so I don't know what could cause this?

Wow. This is an old thread. Since I was the poster... here is an update. It has settled down nicely. It's pretty level all the way around. After 7 months of use, the entire lift has settled a little all the way around. Don't worry about it if you are a little crooked from the start.

HarveOut-

Back