• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Craigslist Finds

Ok, this isn't a craigslist post like the others, but I almost shat myself when I found this today. Back in 2004, my parents helped me get a 1999 Cougar as a high school graduation present. I was a typical 18 year old idiot and got it taken away due to not making the payments, and when my parents couldn't sell it, it got repo'd. But not before I had done two things to the car. I had a can of Spruce Green (the name of the color of the car) made for me, and I painted the headlights that color and removed the reflectors. I also bought a cool-at-the-time 3rd brake light cover that had a 3D image of a Cougar head in it.

On craigslist today, I found this...
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3383145216.html

Unless someone else did the exact same two things to the exact same model and trim package as my old car, more than 8 years later, here it is! And the part I had to laugh at? When it got taken from me, I had lots of problems with alternators prematurely going out (went through 3 in 5 months). 8 years later, and the car still has alternator/charging system problems. I personally wouldn't recommend anyone touch this thing with a 10 foot pole, or at least anyone I liked.

So I'm curious, has anyone else ever come across one of their old vehicles after a prolonged amount of time?

I had a 99 s10 2wd that was lifted 8". I see it from time to time. It blue booked at $6500, I traded it for my first xj. It was an 88 with a 3" lift and 214k miles. I got screwed on the deal but it brought me to my jeep fetish so its all good.

I didn't say it had to look good, I could careless what they are put on lol. I think they are uglier than shit anyway.

Wow, If I wasnt deployed I would buy it. Great deal for a dd^^^^

Back