• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cracked header

x4h20x

NAXJA Forum User
my header is cracked at the bottom where the two tubes connect.. suggestions on a header that isnt crap and affordable would be appreciated. also in the mean time, would it be a complete waist of time to try and jb weld it?

From what I've heard on here the header cracks due to flexing...and I've heard that putting a small piece of flexpipe right in front of the cat will prevent the header crack. as for cheap brands... I've seen a few cheap ones on ebay that claim and look well crafted. But I usually follow the motto "you get what you pay for"

Last edited:
my header is cracked at the bottom where the two tubes connect.. suggestions on a header that isnt crap and affordable would be appreciated. also in the mean time, would it be a complete waist of time to try and jb weld it?

Welcome to NAXJA. In the future, please include the year, engine, trans and other details to help us help you. Exh manifold options differ for different years.

Welcome to NAXJA. In the future, please include the year, engine, trans and other details to help us help you. Exh manifold options differ for different years.
X2
Saudade, looks like you also looked into his profile hoping to find year, looks like he had a 420 moment:greensmok

Look into this cheap one
(clicky)
made from 321 stainless steel, used for heat exchangers, airplane exhaust, and afterburner parts.

Get some REAL engine mounts

Last edited:
sorry, 92 5spd 4.0 150,000 mi
yeah the main right now is its my semi daily driver, so i think im going to try and jb it, ill give update tomarrow. id rather not have it welded because ill have to take it off to do so, and at that point id rather get a better more torquey one. thanks for the input.
by the way i cracked it doing a sand hill climb and bottomed out on my cat. oops.

i got one from a junkyard and just welded it inside and out where it usually cracks and swapped it in one day

thats a pretty good idea, by the way jb weld was a waist of time. found JDM header from gotjdm.com for $150. claims 10hp gain...

ha well tell us if you feel a noticeable difference with the HP, if you do ill be gettin one! how much was it shipped?

Last edited:
jb weld was a total waste of time and money on mine. if your header is cracked, then most likely your drivers side motor mount is shot from the hot exhaust gases hitting it. mine was toast. went with an APN header and MORE motor mount and havent looked back.

it was $150 total. i was looking on ebay and they were selling headers for $43...that seemed too good to be true. id like to know if anyone has ever gotten one of those.

it was $150 total. i was looking on ebay and they were selling headers for $43...that seemed too good to be true. id like to know if anyone has ever gotten one of those.

Do you have the link?

I just looked and couldn't find one for under 120 or shipped. There were header panels on there for 43 and free shipping, however.

My APN cracked not too long ago lasted a year should of replaced the motor mounts when i put it on but oh well at least I can have a coworker weld the crack and ill replace my motor mounts and add some flex pipe in for extra security

Back