• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Concealed Carry Choice?

I'd get the 1911 because of the grip to barrel angle. The glock fits your hand, and points very instinctively IF all you shoot is glock. If you own different weapons with drastic different designs (glock grip angle) it will be harder to develop muscle memory for point shooting..... and point shooting is one thing you want to be good at if you're a concealed carry weapon carrier.

imo multiple weapons + similar design = easier to maintain proficiency

runaway.gif
OMG! I just discovered this beauty! I MUST shoot it!
drool.gif

PX4-Storm-Sub-Compac.jpg

LINK
Billy

I've been trying to find one of those, but nobody around here has them in stock. They also have a PX4 in the .45 flavor as well. So far, the reviews look promising.

-Jon

Kaczman said:
I've been trying to find one of those, but nobody around here has them in stock. They also have a PX4 in the .45 flavor as well. So far, the reviews look promising.

-Jon

Yeah, I spoke to a couple people that are waiting to buy one. There are some out there, but I guess not enough. I don't think the sub compact is going to have a .45 option, do you?

I found a pretty good review from Guns and Ammo Mag:
http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/berettapx4_070207/index.html

Billy

I was just out looking, saw one that caught my eye, springfield arms 1911 3", parkerized finish, milspec, .45, $500, also looked at the Colt Defender for $850 and the colt commander for $650.
The springfield seems pretty basic which I like, bull barrel, nice crisp grips, good price too and a steel frame. It fit my hand but then so did the colts.
The Colts are too darn shiny for my taste.
They are all nice and flat which I like, salesman tried to upsell me on the colt, said the Springfield was 'not dependable'. I just kept quiet knowing they need to be broken in with a thousand rounds or so.
Springfield heavier than the defender, about the same as the commander with I guess an alloy frame, I already had one a few years ago, it was OK but had to replace that spring loaded recoil assembly under the barrel every couple of thousand rounds but that was from using speer sheriff loads which tend to run a bit hot :D
Guess I'll put my Colt Diamondback .22 4" up for sale. His 'I'll give you a couple of hundred for it on trade' was hilarious, he must practice in front of mirror, I did admit that did get a laugh out of me.

RichP said:
I was just out looking, saw one that caught my eye, springfield arms 1911 3", parkerized finish, milspec, .45, $500, also looked at the Colt Defender for $850 and the colt commander for $650.
The springfield seems pretty basic which I like, bull barrel, nice crisp grips, good price too and a steel frame. It fit my hand but then so did the colts.
The Colts are too darn shiny for my taste.
They are all nice and flat which I like, salesman tried to upsell me on the colt, said the Springfield was 'not dependable'. I just kept quiet knowing they need to be broken in with a thousand rounds or so.
Springfield heavier than the defender, about the same as the commander with I guess an alloy frame, I already had one a few years ago, it was OK but had to replace that spring loaded recoil assembly under the barrel every couple of thousand rounds but that was from using speer sheriff loads which tend to run a bit hot :D
Guess I'll put my Colt Diamondback .22 4" up for sale. His 'I'll give you a couple of hundred for it on trade' was hilarious, he must practice in front of mirror, I did admit that did get a laugh out of me.

I've heard quite a few people say that compact or subcompact 1911's aren't anywhere near as reliable as their full size counterparts. Anybody have any experience with them?
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
I've heard quite a few people say that compact or subcompact 1911's aren't anywhere near as reliable as their full size counterparts. Anybody have any experience with them?
Billy
BS.... Kimber CDP II in 3" version seems to be somewhat popular. In the group of folks that I regularly shoot with I'd say it's a handgun of choice for about half of them. I dont think I remember seeing a FTF FTE or any other type of a failure past the first 200 or so rounds.
What happens every so often is folks start to screw around with the springs and then they throw out of whack the tuned design. Then they complain that something is not working right (kind of like 35's with 3.55's ;) ).

I personally don't like the small frame: grip is too small for my taste. I had quite a few conversations with folks @ the custom shop @ Kimber and from what I know they currently have at least one made of what I want: a 3" barreled commander grip sized 1911 clone.

Depends.....

Ive been carrying for a while now. If you like to maintain your firearms and clean them get a 1911 take an armorers course and enjoy.

If you treat your guns like a lawn mower you cannot beat the GLock...

I also like the M&P family from smith and wesson

Depends on your price range and needs. The smith MP45 with the 4 inch bbl holds in the area of 10 rounds of 45acp and shoots well. This weapon has proven very reliable.

ALL glocks i have shot besides the 36 have been spot on out of the box.

ANd you cannot beat a wheel gun for all around simplicity. 38+ps for people .357 mag heavy stuff for critters..

Stay away from Any Tarus PT series gun Smith SV series guns and Keltec firearms

Im not hating im just stating what i have seen from My time working in a firearm shop/ Teaching Classes / Shooting Comp's ?ANd in Law Enforcement

Bult4mud said:
Stay away from Any Tarus PT series gun Smith SV series guns and Keltec firearms

I've seen two PT1911s go uncontrollable full auto out of the box. :anon: They didn't stick around long enough to see what caused it. :eyes:

Back