• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Concealed Carry Choice?

sjd78 said:
I am seriously leaning towards getting another Kimber. Nice to know about the wilson combat mags though. I wonder if they make them in the Ultra carry size...hmmm, I will have to research this!
Wilson Combat makes them in the officer's size. Btw, you want the ones with steel bases
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_magazines_compact.asp
You can get them in 8 round and 7 round versions. The way I look at it 7 round for holstered mode, 8 round spares.

Kejtar said:
Wilson Combat makes them in the officer's size. Btw, you want the ones with steel bases
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_magazines_compact.asp
You can get them in 8 round and 7 round versions. The way I look at it 7 round for holstered mode, 8 round spares.

Ahh..Thanks for the info! Do you happen to know if the 8rd. mags stick out past the mag well? Or will both the 7 and 8 round mags fit flush?

Thanks
Sean....

sjd78 said:
Ahh..Thanks for the info! Do you happen to know if the 8rd. mags stick out past the mag well? Or will both the 7 and 8 round mags fit flush?

Thanks
Sean....
7 sits flush and the 8 sticks out a bit. It's got stops to prevent it from being jammed in too far into the grip. THe upside of the 8 rounder is that it gives you room for the pinky ;)

Wish I had not read this thread, got me going, found a nice Colt defender, used, $600, there goes my bumper.

Kejtar said:
7 sits flush and the 8 sticks out a bit. It's got stops to prevent it from being jammed in too far into the grip. THe upside of the 8 rounder is that it gives you room for the pinky ;)

Great! Thats what I needed to know! :cheers:

RichP said:
Wish I had not read this thread, got me going, found a nice Colt defender, used, $600, there goes my bumper.

Tell me bout it. everytime I get gun stuff. I think to myself gee I coulda bought that _______. So guns are on the backburner again. I have three semi complete simutaneously going projects on right now that need to be finished.

I'm still trying to decide... but this is next on my list to check out
drool.gif

Billy

18.jpg

sjd78 said:
Now even though that is funny, I think you posted here by mistake when you thought you were in the Den???

It's concealed, and easily carried... :thumbup: :D

Other people just assumed the title implied guns.

JeepFreak21 said:
What's your story going to be for the CCW? Do you have residency in another state?
Billy

The laws vary so much between states, if you have another valid CCW from another state you can get one issued from Florida just by presenting your valid ccw, paying the fee and they issue it, done.

JeepFreak21 said:
What's your story going to be for the CCW? Do you have residency in another state?
Billy
I do not have residency in any other state other then California. By asking what my story is going to be I assume you are asking what my "Good Cause" is. I mean no disrespect but I do not feel comfortable sharing that on an open forum.

JeepFreak21 said:
Yeah, but unfortunately most counties in CA don't make it that easy. Bakersfield is... Kern County?
Billy
Yes, Bakersfield is Kern County.

sjd78 said:
I do not have residency in any other state other then California. By asking what my story is going to be I assume you are asking what my "Good Cause" is. I mean no disrespect but I do not feel comfortable sharing that on an open forum.

Yes, Bakersfield is Kern County.

"Good Cause" ???? how about it's my right, because I want to, that question is not even on the forms here. Is Calif NOT a shall issue state ?

RichP said:
"Good Cause" ???? how about it's my right, because I want to, that question is not even on the forms here. Is Calif NOT a shall issue state ?
Haha...your kidding right? California is generally a " Shall not issue state" and you must give "Good Cause" in order to be issued a CCW. Although I believe that it is anyones right to carry...California does not and you need to be at a higher risk of being targeted by violence then the average person and that is why they want you to have a "Good Cause". California sucks!

sjd78 said:
Haha...your kidding right? California is generally a " Shall not issue state" and you must give "Good Cause" in order to be issued a CCW. Although I believe that it is anyones right to carry...California does not and you need to be at a higher risk of being targeted by violence then the average person and that is why they want you to have a "Good Cause". California sucks!

Yup. "Because it's my constitutional right", "because I'm a responsible citizen", "because I'd rather be safe than sorry"... all NOT acceptable reasons for "good cause" in most of CA (including Sacramento County).
frown.gif

Billy

Back