• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

come mess around at Greenhorn/Red Dog this Saturday!

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
Phil and I are gonna go mess around at Greenhorn this Saturday. It's pretty mellow wheeling, stockers welcome as long as you got tow-points.

Meet at Longs Drugs at the corner of Combie Rd. and Hwy. 49, about 5 miles north of Auburn. this link should work: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...=Auburn&state=CA&zipcode=95602&searchtab=home

Meeting time... I think we decided on 9:30 (right Phil?). If you want to meet us there (justin?) we should be at the creek-bed about a half hour later. CB channel 4.

so how was the run???? Do you have any Pics.... i have never been there but couldnt go this weekend....Maybe in a couple weeks we could do a group trip out there.... also i read in some of the old forms about rattle snake how is that???? where is it??? you got any pics from there???

cherokee Wheeler10 said:
so how was the run???? Do you have any Pics.... i have never been there but couldnt go this weekend....Maybe in a couple weeks we could do a group trip out there.... also i read in some of the old forms about rattle snake how is that???? where is it??? you got any pics from there???

It was fun. Phil, Brett, and I just went out and screwed around. Unfortunatly there isnt a WHOLE lot out there that would challenge Phil or Brett's rigs... However, I was able to provide one obstacle that denied them both... :laugh3:

What I can tell you is I felt that Brett's leaf sprung wonder works exceptioinally well for the simplicity it offers and phil went everywhere brett did although he was suffering from some LCA and rear shock issues. Needless to say, we had more fun that everyone else did on saturday. :dunce:

I know brett took pics, and I think phil had a camera as well... hopefully they will post something up.

-justin

Last edited:
my camera was seriously acting up, I thought I had taken about twice as many pictures, but turns out the camera wasn't taking. Here's a few, nothing special:

me in the bottom of a rock channel:

here you can see the channel better:

Phil with his cool new driving lights:

Phil and my camera being stupid:

I know the girl with Phil had a digital camera, and it wasn't being retarded like mine, so hopefully Phil will get some pics up.

I swear it looked a lot more interesting in person.

You like my...Jeep?

Look past my goofy face, at the trees.

This next one felt a lot steeper than it looks here. We were both fully denied.

Thanks to Brett for getting this going. It was good to meet you, Justin. It's too bad we didn't get any pics of Brett playing in the creek, or over on the sidehill.

How long until dry rock season?

And THANK YOU to DANIELLE for riding with me, taking pictures of Brett, hanging out patiently while we talked Jeeps, and driving my rig. :wave:

Last edited:
Phil said:
And THANK YOU to DANIELLE for riding with me, taking pictures of Brett, hanging out patiently while we talked Jeeps, and driving my rig. :wave:

Is this Brett's so-called "friend"?

Is she inflatable?

CRASH

nah, that was Phil's so called "friend"

my "friend" didn't come, i called that "friendship" off :laugh3:

but in an effort to redeem myself, here's a picture from last summer of a wheelin date:
8809910_R1_008_2A.jpg

Back