• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche, good years and bad?

ScottyDog said:
Hey not to highjack this thread... but I picked up and 88 MJ with a 4.0 Renix that has been completely rebuilt (engine). And the guages have been upgraded from the idiot light version to one with a tach....

PROBLEM: I don't think this guage is working properly. The fuel indicator says 1/4 tank but the light is on. The temp guage never gets up over 150*, and I swear we are doing more than 50 mph when it only says 40 mph...

Also this is an AUTO on the "TREE" vs. the floor, is this more common? Or are the other AUTO MJs out there on the floor? It is really hard trying to find the guages from an AUTO MJ on the tree... with the drive gear indicator.... anyone happen to have one?

Thanks, and again sorry for jumping this thread.

Scott

I just (yesterday) purchased my first MJ. (two cherokeees and one TJ into my Jeep portfolio)
Its an 87, has the auto on the column. But the indicator is non-functional. I am going to assume (yes i know what ahappens when you assume) this is probably the case for most of the indicators. This was a well cared for MJ too.
So i just count in my head (Park, Reverse, Neutral, D!) Thats what i did with the XJ auto, i never looked at the indicator.
Not that they arent out there. (The clusters that is) But you are right, they are scarce. I would almost rather have the guages also.I did that swap with one of my former XJs, i changed the oil sending unit and coolant sensor. When i went to the parts place, as i recall there was a difference between the sending units. Though i may be wrong. As far as fuel being wrong, thats probably the guage being out of sorts and off kilter. But i think the out of gas light is meant to come on about , or a little under a quarter tank?

Back