• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter Rigs

My new addition to my Jeep family

Jeep-1.jpg

XJ2.jpg

vupuraby.jpg

Yet to take it anywhere worthwhile. My wife and I purchased this jeep from a guy in CA before we drove it out here late last year when we finally decided to flee CA. Southwestchuck; naxja member and family friend referred me to this site. I just started learning what it means to have quick disconnects on a sway bar.

All the jeep. Little direction. Ready to learn!

New bumper and MTR's

Were you in Castle Rock yesterday? I swear I saw you in an orange baseball cap driving near downtown by I25. I almost said something but I wasnt in my XJ.

Digging the new meats!

Actually, that was me. Went to Lost Coffee, owned by JohnJohn, member #35, to sell jeep parts. But we aren't supposed to chat on this thread.

Here is my slowly rusting money pit...

Action shot from WinterFest 2013. Not much has changed since then... New radiator, new axle-shaft u-joints, new brakes. It gets me around and over most things; gets me to work too.

My Rig on Chinawall.
1076949_10101667972606423_1388986878_o.jpg

vupuraby.jpg

Yet to take it anywhere worthwhile. My wife and I purchased this jeep from a guy in CA before we drove it out here late last year when we finally decided to flee CA. Southwestchuck; naxja member and family friend referred me to this site. I just started learning what it means to have quick disconnects on a sway bar.

All the jeep. Little direction. Ready to learn!

Looks almost exactly like mine! Different wheels and no roof rack on mine. Anyway, when you start flexing you may want to chop off some of the bumper that sticks towards the front wheels. Mines stopped me from steering more times than I'd like. Cutting it this summer.

In lieu of a sticky introduction thread (didn't miss it did I?), this looks like the best place for introductions, so here I am. No pictures of mine yet (son has it up at school). Anticipating a far-reaching build upcoming, but pretty new to the whole "jeep-thing" and anticipate spending a lot of time searching and reading this board, so thought I'd post and introduce myself.

Name: Jason Calhoun
Jeep: 1998 XJ 4-door (red, stock except for sunroof and audio)
Build type: Going to be an expedition style as opposed to rock crawler (a la Overland XJ's), flat tan w/black accents (maybe SW CARC) - SeeingSpots, I'm going to need to buy you a beer and pick your brain before I do this...

As soon as my son gets back from school I'll edit with a picture, but it's not much to see at this point.

In lieu of a sticky introduction thread (didn't miss it did I?), this looks like the best place for introductions, so here I am. No pictures of mine yet (son has it up at school). Anticipating a far-reaching build upcoming, but pretty new to the whole "jeep-thing" and anticipate spending a lot of time searching and reading this board, so thought I'd post and introduce myself.

Build type: Going to be an expedition style as opposed to rock crawler (a la Overland XJ's), flat tan w/black accents (maybe SW CARC) - SeeingSpots, I'm going to need to buy you a beer and pick your brain before I do this...

As soon as my son gets back from school I'll edit with a picture, but it's not much to see at this point.
ya this is kinda it for intros unless you pop open a thread for yourself which is all good too as a lot of folks don't make it into here. we have a couple guys in or close to the falcon area and in the springs as well. Definitely get some pics up when ya can.

Welcome! I'm just down the road from you and willing to help if you need a hand.

Back