• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Posted earlier for Jim and realized I haven't been on hardly at all.
But I'm still around. For those that dont know. We are expecting our first kid in about 4 weeks. So that's pretty exciting. Haven't been wheeling in about a year... I'm slacking. Lol.
Anyway. Hope everyone is doing good. Gonna try to get on more often.

Heard your name on kilo the other day as a bike/tattoo fest sponsor, sounds like life is going well for you Cody. Good to hear.

Went to parts yard to get a d30 for my brothers new XJ had 2 hrs get it out the door ...lol...took 30 minutes to find the right year as they had a few 2000 models with low pinion and a few old ones with cad and only two donors of non cad high pinion of the two only one they did not stack the axle tube on rims to support it , since you can't bring stands and Jack's in getting the axle off the rims with a bottle Jack out of the jeep would be fun ... Got it mostly off and needed a few different wrenches to bite on uca bolts to free them so quick clean up to go back out to my truck to grab more tools without greasing up my Dodge ...lol...I managed to get the last bolt off and to front desk with that d30 just at closing ...forgot to pull off the driver caliper/rotor so got dinged for that ...wish I could load a full dress 60 myself like a d30 ...now I got to pull the busted one put this one in . Got both the stocker and my XJ next to each other in the storage lot...lol...man my XJ looked normal to me the 44's don't seem big ...lol..until I put the stocker next to it ...lol...makes the stock XJ look like a kids hot wheels toy .

Aftet fixing my trucks fender after eating a tree I want to move to the c-pillar dent back side I got most of the dent out could do better but don't want to weld to it b/c it may cause rust on backside so it's time to sand to metal and mix up some evercoat ...lol...but I'm undecided as to try a spot repair using a blender to hide the edges if the new clear against old or 're clear the entire c-pillar ,which i'm not sure the 3-4 Inches between cab/bed will be enough to get pillar/cab corner ...without sliding the bed back...lol...worried bolts will not come easy hence the thoughts of spot clear blending which I'm not sure the life on that .

Heard your name on kilo the other day as a bike/tattoo fest sponsor, sounds like life is going well for you Cody. Good to hear.

Thanks. Yeah. We give away tattoo gift certificates for the annual tattoo competitions.
Its going pretty good. Had some downs but mostly things are going good.

So, the job site I was on yesterday, and am in again today, was covered in river rock. Cool. Works great. Keeps my tires clean and site dry.
However.
Today I found out instead of using road base, they put clay under the rock.
Clay.
I weight 112k currently.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Last big snow storm I still had a loaner truck it was a tandem but with a dead axle for weight savings so it was only 2wd...lol...and this morning I somehow rolled out of my bunk while sleeping ...top bunk volvo 780...woke up rolled up in my blanket head jammed against passenger seat side jammed into ladder and at first I could not figure out where I was in pitch black cab ...lol...then it hit me I'm on the floor and about that time realized I was going to be sore for a few days .
.lol...it's a long trip from that top bunk to the floor...lol.

so i am looking for some steel wheels for mah Cherokee. went to UPP for an idler pulley as mine up and died, and there where i find the pulley the cherokee has ONE steel wheel on it!! American Racing even!. i get it for 13 dollars. wrong width for what i want but the exact size my son needs for his Ranger on 33's. he even has a tire just no wheel.
def a good day !
also UPP Aurora has a Grand cherokee with factory tow hooks at teh NE section of the Jeep and Chrysler section

Been working on the shop...coming along bit by bit.

The previous owner was an older gentlemen. He really liked screws...why put in two when you can put in 10?

He was the definition of using 10 different thing to make shelves, etc.

Ripping stuff out has (mostly done now) been an adventure. He also really liked pegboard.

So I stripped the walls down to the bare 2x6 cross studs.

I'll have a build thread sometime, as I'm going above an beyond when it comes to doing this :laugh:

Let's just say hoisting some of this stuff up there, by myself...gets interesting :D

One corner done:

20160314_175835_zpsiorrwzrb.jpg

20160314_175849_zpsw46hjw1i.jpg

Ever go to weld a couple different items at the same time, forget which was which, and grab one just welded?? Thankfull I know I'm dumb and grabbed the middle where it was only really friggen warm and not skin melting.

I-70 between golden and Morrison and evergreen are good examples Lazy meets stupid when it comes to the stuck truck drivers...because the stupid lazy ones were too lazy to chain as required by law and yet too stupid to just park it and call it a day ...I'm a driver but nothing makes me want to lynch a driver more than getting stuck behind him b/c he spun out due to not chaining .

I-70 between golden and Morrison and evergreen are good examples Lazy meets stupid when it comes to the stuck truck drivers...because the stupid lazy ones were too lazy to chain as required by law and yet too stupid to just park it and call it a day ...I'm a driver but nothing makes me want to lynch a driver more than getting stuck behind him b/c he spun out due to not chaining .

This. My 2.5 hours on 470 today was because Schneider was running super singles with no traction devices even though today all highways were under traction law. He jackknifed and ****ed it all up. Pissed.

Back