• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Wow, that's subtle. :laugh:

That sounds like josh. Oh the axle is bad. Oh the carrier is bad. Blah Blah Blah lol

Get in someone's rig and hit the trails!!!
Even if you are not driving, the trails are awesome.
Try to figure out if someone is going wheelin when you will be out here. There are always open seats!
Other than that, we have some good local breweries.
Maybe hit up Dave and busters if you want to feel like a kid again. Lol

Cheese cake factory is an awesome place to eat. A bit pricey but excellent food!!!!

I'm sure a few Denver guys will chime in about more things to do in denver.
Thanks for the info. We have a D&B in Indy and a Cheesecake factory. never been to either but heard great things.

Virgilios, Kipling and 470 - a must if you like pasta/pizza/garlic knots

B.J.s is a cool chain with some good food and brews as well.

I'm a fan of italian for sure so I will keep these in mind. I dont drink but my brother and Buddy who lives there will be drinking, probably heavily.

Last edited:

You gotta see Red Rocks Ampitheatre! It is a part of the City of Denver Parks System. It is free to go in and hike around, unless there is a show playing. If there is a show you find remotely interesting, that is an even better reason to see the park. :)

http://www.redrocksonline.com/CONCERTSEVENTS.aspx

Edit: More food: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1053208&highlight=restaurant

Oh i'm sure we'll go see red rocks. My buddy moved out there a couple years ago and works at one of the parks. Cherry creek reservoir or something like that. He is big into seeing concerts so i'm sure he has been there a lot.

Friggin' wild fires........... I got volun-told to go supervise the North Fork fire during my shift this week.

This has been my "office" for the past 2 days.

01-ext-main_AX0084_500x375.jpg

02-ext_AX0084_500x375.jpg

07-int_AX0084_500x375.jpg

05-int_AX0084_500x375.jpg

Friggin' wild fires........... I got volun-told to go supervise the North Fork fire during my shift this week.

This has been my "office" for the past 2 days.

01-ext-main_AX0084_500x375.jpg

02-ext_AX0084_500x375.jpg

07-int_AX0084_500x375.jpg

05-int_AX0084_500x375.jpg

That's really roughing it. Hope you laid in a supply of donuts.

They actually have the fryer in another section of the truck. All the yummy donuts a cop could eat made right there on the spot. :D

ROR. They keep the swat gear next to the "sprinkles" locker.

Those of you who know me know that I am prone to occassional rants, and that I think each and every one of us should question every day those things we hold dear and believe in, and continually revise those beliefs to be consistent with who we are, and with liberty in a supposedly free society...

So, do you think one guy, just one, should determine what your rights are, what taxes you pay, what things you purchase, and in large part how you will live your life as a "free" american? Certainly not, you say, that's why we have three co-equal branches of government, to check against such tyranny. Do you think the founding fathers, after fighting a long and bloody war at the cost of their "lives and fortunes" thought to themselves "lets protect ourselves from future tyranny like the monarchy we just defeated by vesting authority in lifetime tenured unelected officials?" Ridiculous, no?

Yet for the next couple months, regardless of where you stand on the issue, we're supposed to sit on pins and needles and wait for the Honorable Anthony Kennedy to tell us what he thinks about Obamacare and the individual mandate whereby the US government can create commerce in order to then regulate it (Kennedy's words from yesterday's Supreme Court argument). Does Anthony Kennedy, by virtue of being neither left nor right, have some super-intelligence whereby his opinion on this and other matters should simply be "the law", in a group of united States with government that supposedly of the people, by the people and for the people, with the "consent of the governed"? I don't recall voting for Mr. Kennedy (or his lovely robed brethren and sisters for that matter either). I don't recall consenting to be governed by what he may opine from on high. I do recall believing I was free, free to choose what actions I do and don't take, free to purchase or not purchase that which I desire, and free to live with the consequences of those choices, even if I choose poorly.

The decline sucks. The fall may be worse.

I couldn't agree more. Things are not looking good - QE, QE2, QE3?, rule of law is slowly crumbling, various acts and laws which run counter to the constitution and yet are allowed to stand... and people are simply getting more and more apathetic.

On the other hand, every time I go on some rant on facebook about how this country is decaying and we are doing nothing to stop it, various family members who I never expected to agree with me come forward and do so. A bunch are still emptyheaded help everyone for the chilruns types, but more and more are realizing that increasing government intrusion into every aspect of our lives and the federal debt are simply unsustainable and need to be pushed back before it is too late.

you're preaching to the choir, brotha, as evidenced by the non-jeep portion of your sig...

I'm a Ron Paul hipster... I voted for him 4 years ago, before it was cool :spin1:

I got you by 4 years, I started subscribing to his Texas congress newsletter in 2003 :D

Back