• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Its good, but as is typical, our supreme court got the reasoning all wrong. They decided that since the legislature didn't include institutions of higher education in the specific exemptions of the Concealed Carry law, higher education was therefore not exempt. Fine, as far as it goes -- but how do a bunch of pretentious lawyers who fancy themselves constitutional scholars (sounds familiar :gee:) fail to ask the question: How is exemptions to any law specifically providing for the bearing of arms, no an infringement on the right to do the same, and therefore violative of the 2nd amendment? Further, how is it that we need a state law specifically allowing people to concealed carry, when the constitution already guarantees that natural right to protect ourselves and our property?

While, I'm happy the court sided with gun rights, their reasoning sucks, and its just a matter of a few months before we see a remedial peice of legislation (also unconstitutional, no doubt) forced through to allow CU to again ban personal safety and responsibility. (n)

Im with ya that the reasoning sucks. My question is: this was about concealed carry.....what about open carry on a campus? Or anywhere else?

My personal opinion, likely not backed by the current status of the law, is that open carry is legal everywhere -- municipalities will, however, assert that they have the right to create gun free zones (i.e. schools, hospitals, etc.), so you'll undoubtedly be arrested there if you try. My guess is that the U-cops will treat you in the same manner if you try to open carry on campus, although I know there is a group that does so at UCCS, as a form of protest. Regardless, if you're going to open carry, you have to be ready for the official "harrassment" that it entails, more in some communities than others.

Nothing in the above should in any way be interpreted as my believing that private property owners and private businesses do not have the right to insist that guests on/in their properties not be armed, they most certainly do -- private action is not government action and the Constitution restricts the power of government, not individuals. That being said, you also have the right to take your business away from those that do not wish to allow you to be prepared to protect yourselves... the wonder of markets at work...

Ya i thought open carry was the hardest to take away. mutual respect on both sides of the topic should make it easier to handle.....but that's a whole nother ball game

How about "open dog walking." I openly walk my dog everywhere except food environments(not that I agree, but dog walking is fun, so who needs the grief), and anyplace that has a sign restricting dogs. The cool thing is that 6 out of 10 stores that we go in have dog treats. We get looks, but hey, the dog responds better to commands than most people. The point being while a gun adds an element of safety, the dog adds an element of safety, and fun. :)

XXXX that video.

Not because it isn't important issue....

But because kids are killed and raped and molested in this country. We have some people that kidnap and mutilate people in our country. But they are kids in the projects or ghettos. Parts of towns most of you don't know are there or won't go into.

So why fix something thousands of miles away, when we don't even accept its happening down the street.

Where is your video on that???

Regardless, if you're going to open carry, you have to be ready for the official "harrassment" that it entails, more in some communities than others.

Nothing in the above should in any way be interpreted as my believing that private property owners and private businesses do not have the right to insist that guests on/in their properties not be armed, they most certainly do -- private action is not government action and the Constitution restricts the power of government, not individuals. That being said, you also have the right to take your business away from those that do not wish to allow you to be prepared to protect yourselves... the wonder of markets at work...

most of you that know me know i open carry every day. i havent been harassed by law enforcement in quite some time. most people just are curious, they want to know the laws and how its legal. from my experience more people are alarmed to see my holster empty than full. then again i dont wander around town with a gun in my wasteband. i try my hardest to be seen as a good example of a law abiding citizen.

as far as businesses go, you're right. if i cant carry in ill most certainly avoid shopping there

took this over here mike
Btw:flores if ya decide to do some plinkin lemme know, my bro and i always go

i dont go as often as id like cuz of work but it gives me a reason to fool around up there with the jeep.
id like to do a course like you guys were doing a few weeks ago with my pistol gripped 12gauge lol

Ya the course makes it interesting. Built moving targets and wanna build more elaborate and complicated course.

me and buddy made this today in 12 minutes. 8 of those was me cutting through the dana 30 shaft to make the body, and the rest was welding and paint.
Looks better painted. Anyone want ?
6rjc0n.jpg

Back