• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I just want David to get a real camera....... SO over all of his blurry pics......... :shhh:

:D

I want a camera too. or even a nice phone with a good camera. 3 mega pixels isnt enough?

Plan for the night is to build a drift trike.
EDIT: blurry pictures to follow:confused1

Big thanks to Troy for loaning out his trailer today. GM Power!

2012-03-09141256.jpg

Oh please, I towed plenty of heavy loads with my 2000 5.3l 1500 Silverado without issue on the flats. Even the passes weren't terrible, just slow and loud thanks to high rpm's and an exhaust that dumped out at the rear axle. Mine had the posi in it too.

Oh please, I towed plenty of heavy loads with my 2000 5.3l 1500 Silverado without issue on the flats. Even the passes weren't terrible, just slow and loud thanks to high rpm's and an exhaust that dumped out at the rear axle. Mine had the posi in it too.

Yeah I wasnt too worried about it. I was 1600 lbs below the max of 8800. Plus if anything were to happen I still have a over two years on my bumper to bumper warranty I purchased with my loan.

one word from the local lawdawg on the fine print of your warranty (i.e. their loophole) - "abuse". You never towed nothin!

ask any die hard Chevy guy. 10bolt with a posi is just a ticking time bomb
that's why I run a bw 9 bolt

Yeah I wasnt too worried about it. I was 1600 lbs below the max of 8800. Plus if anything were to happen I still have a over two years on my bumper to bumper warranty I purchased with my loan.

6k lb SUV
1500 lb trailer
:sure:

one word from the local lawdawg on the fine print of your warranty (i.e. their loophole) - "abuse". You never towed nothin!
lol

5100+2100=7200

That means your tow vehicle has to weigh 1600 lbs to be within it's GVWR?

Oh I've seen plenty of govlok explosions, but its not from towing heavy. Its from generating wheel spin prior to the limited slip locking up. The gov-lok uses centrifugal force to engage (as opposed to friction like most) and when abused the shock loading causes it to fail.

Its not abusing the truck if you are within the manufacturer's tow ratings and were using a proper brake controller.

4,925 lbs. Curb weight
6,4000 lbs. GVWR
1,475 lbs. Payload
8,800 lbs. Towing capacity
14,000 lbs. GCWR
Looks like I've been told! :gee:

I too, would want to drive real slow...

Back