• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I have one and can arrange access to it if you need.

I have tried pressing factory style bushings out of similar products. I wound up drilling enough holes in the rubber to push it out, then using a hammer and chisel to deform the shell enough to make removal easy.
That is how I normally do it and I even have a press.

Its a pressing problem/issue.

Pretty much! :laugh:

I did have to clean out some rust, polish and lube for assembly.

Woohoo I got it done with a ball joint press and make shift spanner wrench for the axle side. The downer, I found axle brackets were swallowed out,Da""it, its always something but this has to get fixed.

If its not one thing, its every other thing!

Everything I turn a wrench on the new to me XJ opens a can of worms the previous owner did wrong or let rust to all hell. Feel your pain brotha

ZJ has been sitting since I got it in November. Had a weak battery which didn't take a charge last month. Got that Optima from George installed yesterday.....the damn thing would start, run for 2 seconds and die. Gas gauge showed nearly empty so I put 3 gallons in..... nope.

Apparently the OEM security system doesn't like to be powered down. After battery disconnect/replacement, you gotta lock all the doors using the power door locks, then unlock the driver's door with the key to de-activate the security system.

Only took me 3 hrs of ****in' around with it before I googled the fix.

Serious B.S.

:doh:

You gonna get that beast on a trail this year?

Miss my ZJ..... Got a build page?

I was reading about that, guy said he sold out. He did not say whether or not he would restock.

attachment.php

Yeah there was an interesting story behind the shirt and some banning of his business from a few places he'd previously done business with his BBQ , so I bought this one mostly as a way to support the 1st amendment.

Back