• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I agree! I always wanted to do it... But then I sold my welder... Then I sold my Jeep- to move to CO.

Get 'er started and I can learn from your mistakes! LOL

Last edited:
The Colorado BS thread

Pat from Firefab makes rock rings and bead locks. Price was pretty damn reasonable last I checked, and he's a NAXJA sponsor too. He's OutKastBoss here on the forums.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Stoped at home depot on my way home and when I got back in the commander I lost all my guages and all the idiot lights came on Jeep seemed to run fine besides no tech, speedo, temp gauge, and all warning lights on, so since I just got home I was unaware of the major accident on i70 and as I drove into that my power steering was making noise and I lost my power steering in the bumper to bumper luckily traffic never really stopped and it was relatively cool because with the power steering loss you also lose the he cooling fan ... I pulled over when I got out of the mess and found the hydraulic lines pissing what was left in system out onto the block , so the initial loss must have been hitting the serpentine belt causing slip and all the lights on my dash
to come on ... I ordered the new line from oriellys it should be in tomorrow and thankfully that line is easily reached without taking a bunch of crap out. I got a bag of o-rimgs and none of them a damn perfect fit I was hoping to find a quick fix with a new ring. I think the root cause of the leak was running over a road cone hidden in slush/snow on c470 during one of the last snow falls at 45mph I spotted it laying down under the snow but couldn't avoid it and it smack my underside pretty sweetly . On side note while running the engine briefly for about 5 short times to test for leaks I wasn't paying attention to the temp and when I parked it I heard gurgling after I shut the jeep off and in ...lol... horror saw the temp needle into the Red ...lol... thoughts of a warped head came to mind luckily it appears to have done no damage with brief red line temp flirting.

You guys who are/ have built your control arms, did you do so because arms are cheaper to build yourself vs buying a kit, or just customized to your application?

Kinda wondering if its worth while to buy a center section and make my own arms....
Whatchu think?

You guys who are/ have built your control arms, did you do so because arms are cheaper to build yourself vs buying a kit, or just customized to your application?

Kinda wondering if its worth while to buy a center section and make my own arms....
Whatchu think?

A set of basic control arms shipped from a vendor will run about $1000 to your door . It will cost about $600 to build the same arms. The big cost in the links are the flex joints not the materials.

Yeah, thats kinda the catch I was thinking. Mounting and 3 or 4 link really is a change on what needs to be considered. Time to see what the world says about some options, my uca's seem to have recently sh:# the bed.

The $70 hydraulic pressure supply hose from pump to Fan valve body has turned into what appeared to be a leaky hose and as mentioned $70 bucks ...well after swapping o rings and still leaking and then getting the new line in and still blowing fluid out I couldn't figure out why the f $%k it was still leaking it all looked right and clean no old rings stuck in there , and then I just happened to notice a small lip on the port that looked rough , well after looking at where the o ring seats I think what I'm looking at with that rough edge is the remains of the lip that the o ring seats on so it must have cracked . This does explain the sound on start up which sounded like cavitation and turbulence in the fluid which was probably that lip cracking and the fluid making noise around it under pressure...lol...like I said $70 and now somewhere from $550-700 for a new hydraulic fan assembly. I kind of chuckled a bit standing there with new psc pump in my hand putting it away as my day was lost to figuring out my steeimg leak on the Jeep I don't care to be working on ... I hate working on stock daily drivers.

The Colorado BS thread

Finally bought my first truck ever
b09c18edb60f507d7ccc8c11ee303721.jpg
c7353e7570d43a59ab2cbc842f985c46.jpg
666c613a559eed5dbd7e2f3fe32e7b80.jpg
7c38f19f0d61d8faf19cffa68c018f80.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Very cool find!!! Saweeeet lookin MJ!

Looks to be an '86 with the 2.8L.....yes?

What's the emblem under Comanche on the front fenders?

Have you checked to see if it has the tow package/D44 rear?

Looks to be an '86 with the 2.8L.....yes?

What's the emblem under Comanche on the front fenders?

Have you checked to see if it has the tow package/D44 rear?
86 with the 2.5L

Emblem reads custom. Will attach a photo

No tow package. So it has a Dana 35
5aad3a1988a94d53190f0c2e5a6d42db.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have tried pressing factory style bushings out of similar products. I wound up drilling enough holes in the rubber to push it out, then using a hammer and chisel to deform the shell enough to make removal easy.

Back