• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

What’s the setup? They aren’t small rig trails by any means. I’d say armor, lockers, 37’s, and damn good driving at a minimum.

Yeah not going to be at the level for a while. WJ is the family rig so probably 33s max. And I'm to weirdly attached to the MJ to want to beat it up. I would love to eventually build a buggy but got a looonnnggg way to go before that.

Yeah not going to be at the level for a while. WJ is the family rig so probably 33s max. And I'm to weirdly attached to the MJ to want to beat it up. I would love to eventually build a buggy but got a looonnnggg way to go before that.

Yeah look up like middle middle. Upper middle, tie rod bender, etc. chad has been up there with his little leaf sprung buggy.

Cool, I appreciate it. I'm still coming down to Denver for the next few months until the wife and kid get up here. Maybe I can try and meet up with you here soon. Aren't you planning on moving soon too?

Yeah, but I’m just moving from Milliken to Milliken. Not very far at all.

Cool, thanks for the info feelas.

Dutch, I'll still try to meet up with here at some point. Unless fate is going to drop a big chunk of extra change in my lap I still got a bit before getting those gears in.

I have also dabbled in some gypsum trails. Middle middle easy peasy.

But remember when he says easy peasy, he uses a different scale. Lol

I think the road to the camping area was a little harder than easy peasy.

I can't wait for David to have a Gypsum level buggy again.

Woke up late around 0700 to snow already falling which means working in the storage lot in the snow fall on the Jeep. I got the welder covered and tarps over the doors then climbed into the less than comfortable area that was once the back seats . I did manage to get the c pillar tie in to the halo sandwich plates done just before killing my last working angle grinder and calling it a day . I always change my wheels on these 13 amp dewalts by resting the stress relief part of the cord on my sternum and that eventually kills the cord and working outside doesn't help . I now have 3 13 amp dewalts I Still need to pull apart and replace cords on . Probably prep the floor for bedliner and make some brackets to install the seats . I think the back seat is going to stay out and I'm just going to get some aluminum sheet and turn the tub area into a tool box for the basic stuff I don't feel like walking back to a trailer for and probably mount my nitrogen tank there as well . After that I just need to mount the stuff under hood and install the big joints on the front control arms and it will be trail ready , but will still need the exterior prepped for monstaliiner and paint...lol... I realize it's going to be dragged across rocks and dumped on its side and the paint will not stay fresh , but I am tired of the white .

Posted the above post and it double posted, so I went and cleared the text on the 2nd post and left just 3 periods since you can't delete, and it produces a 2nd post in addition to the one I modified to just show 3 periods yielding a total of 3 posts, so I went back and modified the first post not the last in the series of double posts to show just 3 periods since deletion is not an option and this time it modified without reposting the original . So now I have 4 posts 3 of which I didn't post they are forum errors... ?

Yes George, there is something screwy with the software. Doing a hard delete takes an extra step now.

Thinking about some RCV shafts I just can't find the 300m versions listed with the cheaper vendors. I have found the 4340 for the 78-79 ford for 2100 shipped and the 300m a few months ago for about $2700 , and now I can't find the 300m at that price ...lol... I may have to join pirate to find a dealer . The Yukons are still in great shape , but while still in the parts buying mood and I need to pull the Yukons to replace the slightly leaky passenger seal I'm thinking RCV 300m , and yes I want the blingy red ball to go with my blingy green knuckles .

The Colorado BS thread

Who the **** is this clown lying to? He’s talking about his damn self. Except 18 would be too old!!
dab7e051642abd1cad62864bf047cc0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About getting around to putting the under hood crap back and I'm thinking of getting a dual fan Ron Davis radiator and some braided stainless hose to plumb it to the back hung off the c hoop above the fuel storage . This would be done now mostly for future room up front. I don't see any negatives with it other than the cost of the bling name .

I bought a car trailer today. I was going to wait a little bit before buying one but this one popped up on CL for a good enough price that I jumped on it. It just means that getting the gate built and putting down rock along the side of my garage moved up in priority.

499HK19.jpg

Last edited:

Cool! Now I can refer you as the north-end busted Jeep rescue guy!

Congrats on the find, they're sure nice to have. :thumbup:

I got rid of my first dove-tail flat deck trailer a while after I had sold my wheelin' rigs, and bought that roll-back trailer to haul my low-sitting Olds, Hellcat and P71...... and now I've got another wheelin' rig that has wide axles and big tires, and it doesn't fit on the slightly narrower roll-back...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

It’s going to tight with the buggy. Typical 82” between the fenders leaves no wiggle room with a 70” wms and big tires. I’m already planning to add square tube on top of the frame just inside the fenders to drive on. I also want to add a rub rail around the stake pockets like on all the HD trailers I’ve been around. That’ll let me hook the other ramps on the sides for side loading ATV’s.

I’d spec’d out a new trailer exactly how I wanted with drive over fenders, wider deck, and 10k gvwr. It came out to $4600.00!! I paid less than half of that for this one.

I don't think there is a state could do much less to maintain their interstate routes than what Wyoming does . I've been a driver for about 15 years and the wyodot pretty much waits for the snow to fall then for the sum to clear it . You will see very little plow action and only sand no salt of other road maintenance items . The state claims the wind is the culprit which yes the wind takes a an inch or two ...lol... or less and causes Wyoming a great deal of trouble, buy that's because over the many years of full and well knowing the wind blows snow across the interstate they've not bothered to put basic snow fences ul to make this manageable over a period of a few years or started use of modern items ti keep roads from turning into ice rinks ... nope Wyoming's solution is to close the roads until the sun pops out and winds die off then chase mother nature with a plow to remove the slush ... ..!.. you Wyoming !

15 hrs of sitting in a dirt lot waiting for roads to open has lead to poor buying choices on line... that would be train horns for the trail rig...lol... completely useless but audible for up to 4 miles at 170db .

Back